Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help with taking apart my engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with taking apart my engine

Hey guys, out of boredom and just curiosity I decided to rebuild my engine. Everything has been going smoothly but I got stuck with removing the fly wheel. What I think I need to do is stick a screw driver in that little hole and then use a wrench to turn the nut off but when I try it's really hard and I'm afraid I might break something. If any of you all know how to get that thing off please let me know. Any other tips about putting the thing back together and such would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31750.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	432527  
Old 03-24-2006, 11:41 PM
riverat1540

Default RE: Help with taking apart my engine

well first off you heve to clamp the flywheel and wrench off that peice on the clutch slips around then after you remove that the fly wheel taps off. i usually just clamp the flywheel and tap the crank shaft from flywheel side but use a wooden mallet so you do marr the shaft but the flywheel is pressure fit so it will have to be tapped off. so just hold the flywheel with some big pliers while u turn that nut
Old 03-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Popper252

Default RE: Help with taking apart my engine

Hmm, lets see i'm not quite sure i understand what you're saying. I put the wrench around the flywheel and I got the black nut loose, now the flywheel just spins freely and I can't unscrew anything anymore. Any further explanation or maybe a little clarification would be nice. Thanks again for all your help.

Nevermind i got everything taken apart and then put back together. I'll try and start it up tomorrow and see how it sounds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help everyone