Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New day Lets try again

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:09 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New day Lets try again

Ok, So I'm afraid to run the car because I don't want the radio acting up and smashing it into my house or a tree. I know its early , but I'm going to check back to see how my things are going with Redcat. I will keep you all post about the radio and the store credit. I'm hoping this is just poor communications.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:27 AM
chopper22980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New day Lets try again

I have no idea what to tell you about your radio.For ive never had a problem with mine.
Alot of people are switching to good one's,like the FM one's.I will be soon,i'm donating
one of my volcano's to our annual race for the cure,childhood cancer drive.So I want
to make sure that whoever gets it wont be getting a demonic toy,lol.Far as the credit goes,
I can see your point,but I would just go ahead and order something that does break alot.

Like steering arms or door type mounts,clutch slice with spring.As the manual says what they are.
Gotta love those names....Redcat has been very good to me far as things like that.so I dont know
what to tell you....If anything it's always nice to have spares around to cut down on down time of
your rc....
Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 AM
AJsToyz

Chopper,

I just hate to see someone who wants to spend cash and play have these problems. These are issues that really should not happen. There seems to be a common link with the radio. The chrome steering wheel. I don't know if its a design flaw or a quality concern but when you can find several people with the same trouble with a fairly new product , this should be fixed and fast. The other thing is I am buying parts. I have no problem doing that and having spares , because I want to play !! Not sit and ho hum over a broken car. I do think I crashed the car and broke it because of the radio. It went full throttle and smashed into something. Bent the chassis , and broke the steering arm. So , who should pay for broken parts from a broken radio ?? I'm not looking for a freeby , it is upsetting to have something running , after really working on the thing just to get it started , broke. To get back to new your talking about 25 bucks. I'll put it close to new because like I said the chassis just has a little tweak. I really do not want to take the whole car apart because of something so small. I have a few friends and my brother that seen the car , really liked the car but are now afraid to buy the car. I'll start it for them , get it set , but they want to see about my radio and credit before they even think about buying. They are looking for a buy it and run , nothing more. They might look into spending a little more , or going electric and spending the same or less. Deffinatly going name brand though.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:13 AM
chopper22980

Dude I agree with you 100%,I think the radio's have issue's that need to be addressed.
Have you tried to contact redcat about this issue.The radio I mean?Maybe they can send you a new one.I have 2 volcano's and one out of the 2 radio's had a glitch in it.One of the little spring thing's in the battery holder wasent making good contact.So I adjusted some and fixed the problem.

Believe me I was one of the biggest complainer's on here when I first got mine.You should read
some of the nasty post I did.I have since learned patience grasshopper lol.It may be worth your
wild to just invest in a good radio.Down the road it may save you some heartache.So far with these
rc's it looks to be trial and error.Some get good one's,and some get bad one's.It's a chance that we
all have taken.

I do think they are worth the money.I know mine kicks butt,and i'm happy with it over all.
Thats just my 2 cent's.I hope you can get things straighten out and have some fun with it.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
AJsToyz

Chopper ,

I email Darin after the responce I got from sales. They said when the glow plug gets hot the radio can quit , and that it is common. Ok , so how do you keep your glow plug cold and start the engine ?? I'm with you , the car is a blast !! I just have issues , especially having the radio spazz , then purchasing parts to fix a car that its own radio was responable for. There is a chance there was radio interferance so I'll bite it and buy the steering arms. Doesn't hurt to have them around , but I hit something very stationary and strong. Could you imagine this thing freaking out and hitting a car , or a window , or a person ?? Kinda scary ya know ? Once I get it going though its going to be used to help hurd my chickens !! LOL I think I'm going to take Redcat off the spoiler and put "Chicken Chaser"
Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 AM
chopper22980

Lmao....I hear ya on the chicken chaser.Ive never ever heard of the glow plug causing the electronics to fail.That sounds so false.I was just running my volcano when a neighbor came up to me and told me a story.

He said a friend of his had a nitro rc and a dog chased it and was hit by it.Well it broke the dog's leg.So they are dangerous,and when you cant control it right,its that more dangerous.Just keep trying redcat,if you havent had it for over 30 day's the should replace the radio.
At least that's what I hear.

The guy was out walking his dog and I guess the dog wanted to go after mine.
So I take it thats why he told me his story....Poor dog....

I would rather pay up 300 bucks for something and spend a little money.
Then I would paying 400 plus and still having to spend more money
for the more expensive parts.All in all things will break no matter the cost.
So at times we just have to grin and bare it....
Old 03-30-2006, 12:16 PM
AJsToyz

Yeh , I'm grinning but its still too funny!! I actually got the car 3-25-6 so its really new!! It crashed the first tim on its maiden voyage ! The second problem was on the 3rd or fourth tank of fuel. I'm just a little leary about running it. Well , its still early so I'll wait to see what Darin has to say.

Oh yeh , I was running my Stinger wide open. I told the people I was with "Stay were your at and we'll all be fine" So , on a wide opend run with the little CZ-R OS screaming its heart out , one guy jumps out of the way ? Ok ... I was driving straight at me and he jumps out of the way !! LOL Needless to say were he ended up !! I broke left not to hit me or anyone else , he jumped left !! The car never felt a thing !! I wish I could say the same for his ankle. Black and blue !!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Popper252

Haha he deserved it.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:17 PM
pom08

lmao good story!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
AJsToyz

Ok , sales got back to me and they did only charge me for the parts I ordered. Glad was just bad info!! Now , about that hot glow plug hmmm.......[sm=tired.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-30-2006, 09:39 PM
AJsToyz

Pom,

I had a racing go kart with a tricked out Mac 101. Well , these things start with a car starter and a belt so there is a pully hanging out of the flywheel side. I was running through Henry Ford Community College parking lot and all of a sudden I'm in pain. I'm going like 70 and am now standing on the brakes!! Everyone I was with seen parts flying , one part went as high as a street light. After doing the very unhappy extreme pain dance we found out what happened. Being the very cool stupid kid that I was , I was driving this thing with my bluejean jacket on. Well , who snaps up a jean jacket ??? When the flywheel rips that piece off thats double thick and has all the snaps on it and beats you till the engine stalls or you let off the gas! You do !!![:@] After that I didn't have to worry about snapping up the jacket. The several number of welts that were all over my back , they healed. The part that flew up to the street light ?? That would be my right pocket. Needless to say I don't have the jacket , and yes I have a slight phobea about getting things caught in moving parts.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:56 PM
pom08

lmao that would suck!! lucky thats all that happened!!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
AJsToyz

I tell you what , it was a seriou thing for all of a minute !! I hate being the butt of a joke but was too funny !!