Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado xp

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tornado xp

anyone have any idea how to make this thing shift??? I got my gears from clearmont today (thanks bro, super fast shipping) put it together, so far gears are good but just cant get it to shift correct, its either 2 soon or 2 late. or stays in second or stays in first. i understand how it works, the center set screw hold the piece in place and the outside screw adjusts when the little arm comes out. Just doesnt wanna work. any ideas??
Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
AJsToyz

Default RE: tornado xp

If mine does what yours is doing !! I'll !! I'll !! I'll put a single speed in it !! Sorry bud , I wish I could help you.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:17 AM
krazd360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same problem after break-in. I broke my clutch spring and wore down my big gear, after i replace all the that I'm hitting 2nd gear . you have to make sure you have the engine adjusted right .the screw to the right of the engine witch is connected to your throttle start buy turning it 1/8 turn clockwise run it for a min keep doing this till you car hits it's fastest speed if it starts going slower do it in the opposite direction .i also moved the engine closer to the gears after i replaced the clutch spring.i am new to this also this is just what i have been doing to get my car running good
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
AJsToyz

Ok , We have steering arms !!! Yah yoooooooooooo !!! [sm=biggrin.gif] Ok , now I'm going to call Violet and see about that radio ... [sm=rolleyes.gif]