Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wont hit second gear!!!

my tornado xp was fine a day ago and then today it was going and just wont hit second gear i need your guys opinon and what kind of glow plug should i buy for my tornado xp when my old one burns out. also how do i remove the glow plug just need some of your guys help thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wont hit second gear!!!

the trans on this car is not so good, it only shifts when it wants to, i have tried every adjustment there is, either it will shift tooo soon or toooo late or not at all or stay stuck in second gear. if you want to fool with it you can see it from under the car where the gears are, there is a silver gear next to the smaller black one, there are 2 holes with allen screws in them, the one offset from the center is the adjuster, clockwise makes it shift later, counter clockwise makes it shift sooner (at least in every other 2 speed car, i have 3 with 2 speed transmissions in them). You should use 90 degree adjustments at a time and try it out. Let me know what happens, maybe i just have a bad shifter, the screw was all the way in and sometimes that compresses and messes up the spring that throws the arm out, its kinda works the same way the clutches work on the engine, the faster the rotation the more the arm comes out and grabs the next gear. <--------hope this helps you out and makes sense

You need a short plug not a long one most cars use the same plug. you remove it with a glow plug wrench.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wont hit second gear!!!

Mine did get stuck in second one time. It was a total pooch !! the first time it hit second , I though the car was comming apart , it was a loud bang like someone hit it with a hammer. Its been ok now , I hope I didn't just jinx it though.
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590