Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

cheapest place on the net?

Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 AM
nitrosteve22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheapest place on the net?

After years of my Traxxas nitrohawk sitting on the shelf with a worn out TRX .15 (god knows how many gallons of fun I got outta that truck!) I'm ready to get back in to the hobby but this time I want a RTR 1/8 buggy. Only problem is I only got about $300-$350 to play with. So it comes down between the Hurricane w/ .27 or an OFNA 1/8 buggy. After all the research I wouldnt doubt the ability or durability of the 1/8 Redcat so the brand name doesnt mean much to me because I know how to take care of my toys and if you abuse,disrespect and neglect something it will break(I'm not saying accidents dont happen). Take care of it,keep up on the maintanence and give it what it needs and it'll last for a LONG time!

Nowdays I have no idea what's hip & hot in the world of RC's now but basically I'm looking for a good but cheap RTR 1/8 scale buggy and these redcats look pretty sweet so where is the cheapest place on the net to pick one up or a similar RTR 1/8 scale buggy for cheaper?

Thanks .
Old 03-02-2006, 01:38 AM
j-boy

Default RE: cheapest place on the net?

check out dinballrcmart.com These cars are made in Japan and are called himoto before Redcat gets ahold of them. Mine is a 1/10 himoto cyclone Base price was $150. The problem is the shipping charges from Japan are awfull. I'm not trying to bash redcat but they post pictures for spare parts that are obviously copied straight outa my users manual and if you tell them that you have a himoto (and I mean directly speaking to someone on the phone who works for redcat) they'll act like they've never heard of himoto. Cant complain about service though. I allways get my parts shipped in full and fairly quickly. Just a bit overpriced though. The best prices I've found are at Top Speed Toys. Not sure if they have 1/8 though. Just do a search for top speed toys. sorry I dont know how to post links and probably never will. So far all I've been able to figure out is how to post replys.[&o]
Old 03-02-2006, 01:39 AM
j-boy

Oh yeah himoto has they're own website. I think its called himotoracing.com
Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice idea on the link, problem is if you search for himoto redact comes up

SB
Old 03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Xeller8

Thats cuz they are made by the same manufacturer.

J-boy....check with some of the dealers here on the board...I think you will find cheaper prices on parts.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:20 PM
bjc617

you can get a redcat car or truck on ebay for a good price and also smartech i got mine for 100 bucks
Old 04-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Trav 09

hey nitrosteve do you wanna sell that nitro hawk or is that somethin your not willing to sell but if you do for a reasonable price email me at [email protected]
Old 04-04-2006, 07:38 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine from C & A Racing on Ebay , no problems with shipping or delivery , but I'm hearing that the truck might be better than the car.