Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

sooo mad

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
danegoodwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sooo mad

i just bought a tornado xp and havent got a chance to play with it yet. but on ever post i look at people say it is nothing but a problem. i hate this ever time i buy something i dont know much about it turns out to be the worst.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:52 AM
blackdogafd

Default RE: sooo mad

hey man i'll tell you what. I have the HiMoto Syclone, its same car but different name.

but anyway, these cars are tough mine has had its problems too, but no nitro is perfect... i have already broken the frt lower a-arm and had some radio problems, but i fixed them, installed a completly new radio system in it from Futaba.. and thats really it, no other major things...

here is the website for spare parts (if and when you need them) this is the company that i use and their awesome.... www.topspeedtoys.com they have a great parts selection so check them out. their buggy is the same just different name too

dont worry they are good products....... just take care of it just like you would any big brand named car and it will last for a long time
here's some pics of my HiMoto Syclone,

oh hey topspeed you guys get that roto start in yet???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26900.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	439124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62367.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	439125  
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 AM
TopSpeedToys

Shhussshee... Your gonna get Darin mad JK.

I got word that they will ship next week.

BTW... I will be making some changes to the website soon, as I am now a Redcat dealer.

Ohh Yeahh!!

Mark
www.topspeedtoys.com

Old 04-05-2006, 02:38 AM
nitrosteve22

I got a Tornado XP,love it. Just waiting for the weather to let me run it some more,still on original clutch springs .
Old 04-05-2006, 09:03 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I happened to get a bad radio , the car has been good over all. I did break one part of the front end do to a crash but it is running good.
Consider buying a really expensive car then breaking it ?? That would stink!!! I do have to say though it seems truck owners have less problems.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 PM
ehroof

hey danegoodwin, most of the times the posts you see are from people who have bought this kinda car and are new to the hobby. Nitro engines in general are not easy, that is what makes it a hobby, even the electric cars are fast and can break. That is the difference between the nikko cars and the real hobby cars and trucks. I think in general this hobby need patience and $$$$. Its not like buying a real car and turning the key and driving. I find that no matter what you buy you will break it, only the onroad cars seem to have no problems, i have NEVER broke any of my onroad cars and they are really fast but i do drive them in an open area. The trucks and offroads on the other hand do break. I break my traxxas jato every time i take it out, shock towers, servo's, shocks, rear and front a arms to name a few. The tornado i stripped the gears, broke the pullstart and some other stuff, i just replaced with better if available or redcat replaced with no charge(radio within 30 days). Most of the negative posts are from kids and people who dont know what they are doing. I am an advanced hobbiest and have every form of the hobby from planes to boats to cars to trucks to trains and helicopters and motocycles, these are good vehicles for the money and a good vehicle to start with.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Covertop

I have a tornado xl and it broke the front support bar quick with very little impact. I'm now waiting on parts. I also have an OFNA, and have had every wreck imaginable and it has not broke. The Ofna costed cosiderably more money than the redcat. So like everything you get what you pay for. However for the lower price it's something fun to show to the kids and parts are cheap because you will need them.

Regards[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]
Old 04-05-2006, 03:44 PM
AJsToyz

Heres a little update for you. I took mine out today and I should NOT because of the radio < Redcat shipped a new one no charge> but I wanted to run some fuel out. I decided to try a little jump and I thought that I had destroyed the car the way that thing was flying through the air !! After going end over end bouncing off the ground about 10 - 15 times it landed on all four , I het the gas nad it was gone for more abuse !! LOL I live in Michigan and should be taking better care because of the cooler temps on the plastic. If I break it because I'm to foolish to wait for my radio shame on me !! The car is running good !!