Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Electric start for Redcats

Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
TopSpeedToys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric start for Redcats

ORIGINAL: Popper252

The backplate should work for either engine. I'm almost 101% sure about that.
The only major difference btwn those two engines is the carb on either one. Other than that they're practically the same.

Pop, the backplates are different between .18 Taiwan and .18 Infinity Japan.

jguitarsandcars, we have part number 70111JS set up for the Japan motor.

here: http://www.topspeedtoys.com/index.ph...roducts_id=251

Mark
Old 07-27-2006, 11:49 AM
jguitarsandcars

Thanks Mark...Call me Josh by the way...I still need to figure out what I'm gonna do with the car...I want to place 1 order, but I'm trying to figure what parts I'm going with stock upgrades, and what one's I'm going with another manufacturer...
Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 PM
martinjhndvs

Well I just got my starter from TopSpeedToys and its awsome.... now i'm ordering some new plastic gears [:'(] LOL! Maybe I could blame him for letting me get my car running again just to mess something else up HUH?!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Mr_Byte

Hi all,

Lots of knowledge flowing in these forums.

I am interested in getting a Tornado XL. I've read about putting an HPI roto-start on the engine, but I an wondering if anyone has put a traxxas EZ-start on one of these engines?

I have an HPI .15 nitro star here, I suppose I could try it

I suppose I just like the idea of having 1 less battery to mess with, and I have a traxxas .15 ez-start availble to play with.

I also have a new traxxas 2.5R motor here, maybe that would fit?

Not that I'm a traxxas zealot, just that I have a truck and a modified RS4 with a TRX 2.5 motor in it here, so it's kinda like run what u brung.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

To be completelly honest with you, the 1/10th cars are more for beginners, don't get me wrong there good cars, but I honestly don't think you would be very happy with the performance, considering what you have now. YOu would probablly be alot happier with one of the 1/8th scale buggies, trucks or truggies, but if you have your sights set on one by all means get one you can't go wrong for the price.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Mr_Byte

Oh no, I'm a complete beginner here. The RS4 and the Stampede (or nitro rustler?) are stuff I got from my brother. The RS4 is too fast for my own good, and it's not gonna run in the backyard. The truck needs tires and I need to put the new engine into it, but it's a 2wd and I want 4. Just something I can bash in the backyard or maybe take to the local track and play.

I was thinking of scratchbuilding an airboat to stuff the new TRX in, belt-drive config to keep the center of gravity low. I did a flex-drive weed-eater powered airboat, was 24"x48" long and did maybe 15-20mph on the water. Was fun, but then I lost the station wagon to haul it around in. I'm in to cheap thrills and the XL seems to be right up my alley.

But I really like the EZ-Start. Just plug in, push a button, vroooooooM!! and it's off to play.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:38 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

OH, OH, I see, then the Tornado XL is right up your alley, there easy to work on, the cost of parts is low for that noobie basher(literaly), being a beginner I think you'll like it then, it just fast enough for a begginer to do some damage, lol. You'll have fun doing it though.