Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Is this a redcat dealer forum??

Old 04-13-2006, 04:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this a redcat dealer forum??

This forum seems to have turned into a redcat dealer forum, no longer a redcat support forum. I am starting to get a little annoyed with all of the redcat dealer advertising and parts pushing on the forum.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this a redcat dealer forum??

I agree, but I also understand the need to advertise. The best way to go about with it would be maybe to create a thread specifically for the dealers to comment on new products and any special promotions they may have going on. If someone may need a specific part they could go to that thread and request it from them. That way there's one central location for all of that buisness oriented stuff. That's just my .02 cents.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I agree. I dont try to post about selling parts. Mainly word of mouth. I think if a dealer has something, make a seperate post dont add to another post like what is happening now on the forum. Just my opinion. I'm sorry if I ever did that before. I dont want to tie up the forums advertising. Only to try to help others.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 PM
ehroof

everytime someone posts with a question these dealers are like vultures they circle the forum, see a post and pow, land on it with an advertisement. If you go to the other forums like hpi's or nirto stadium trucks or any other forum you dont really see this. Even redcat want people to advertise with that affiliate program. People like me and others are here to make friends, help new people to the hobby out and just talk about our hobby not be bombarded with posts of how i have this in stock or check out my site. I find this terribly annoying. I even had someone offer me $10 cash or $20 store credit to advertise for them in my signature. I turned it down, it will cost more that $20 to buy me!!!!!! Start helping people out with the stripped gears, non shifting transmissions and other problems that plauge these nitro's. Even redcat is posting rc video games to lure people into thier product, i dont ever think i have seen darin post a solution to any problem posted on this forum, really take a look at his posts, he never suggests anything or gives an answer to any problems with the cars. I find this kinda bizzare.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Stormy_H

I totally agree.

I can be blamed for a lot of this. Basaically because we are a new website and trying to kind of get the name out......so I'll definitely slow down on the "advertising".

Making a thread specifically for anouncing dealers and introducing new products is an excellent idea. I always find myself wanting others' opinions on what new to bring in, etc.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 PM
shamelessbill

ehroof,
will 30.00 buy you?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
ehroof

$33.50
Old 04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
TopSpeedToys

I agree, and we (dealers) are all guilty of this. We (topspeed) apologise and will tone it down.
In the future we will offer more help to those in need.

It's all stormy's fault JK

And ehroof, I'll give you $40 lol!

Mark

Old 04-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Popper252

My .02 cents are going for half of ehroofs price. What a freakin bargain! Best deal in town. That's just my humble opinion [sm=greedy.gif]
Old 04-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ehroof
This forum seems to have turned into a redcat dealer forum, no longer a redcat support forum. I am starting to get a little annoyed with all of the redcat dealer advertising and parts pushing on the forum.
The RCU Community Rules have specific rules that apply to a "manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product", posting advertisements, direct support forums, and selling. If any member believes any of the rules have been violated, please open a ticket, i.e. report it, and a moderator or one of the administrators will check into in and get back to the reporting member. Thanks.

>> RCU Rules & FAQs >> RCU RULES OF POSTING >> RCU Community Rules
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662

ORIGINAL: ehroof
I even had someone offer me $10 cash or $20 store credit to advertise for them in my signature. I turned it down, it will cost more that $20 to buy me!!!!!!
By the way, the RCU Community Rules apply to PMs as well if they contacted you via PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:35 AM
bluecaka69

[8D]way to go enroof [X(][] got the moderators involved again LOL [&o][:-][X(][>:][]
Old 04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Stormy_H

I just want to say out front that I do not believe I can be accused for any direct advertising or selling on this forum.

And to whoever was "dissing" Darin, you shouldn't have said what you did. Darin is a very busy man running multiple companies. I'm suprised he takes the time to create a username to talk to the public.

In fact, he's in China at this very moment researching new products. This forum wouldn't be labeled "Redcat Racing Support" without him.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:53 AM
DiTi

by the way, what happened to this quy....

Andrew_of_NC:

Guys, check out this site. I ordered from him last Thursday and received my COMPLETE order yesterday. His prices were the best so I went to him. $5 shipping. He even lists wether the parts are in stock and when they are expected.

Really easy to shop with and will always use this site for my parts.

www.#$^&*^%(&(&%%$#.com

it is the most hilarius advertisement I've seen so far LOL

I think that this little "war of the dealers", appart from the annoing effect of spam adv. creates a creative competition too.
buyers are not stupid. we look for the best deal without compromising on quality support and personalised transactions
...so let the games beggin

Old 04-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Stormy_H

I had actually talked to that guy when he purchased from me. He asked if he could do anything to help. Please inform me if this is breaking any rules....however I wasn't planning on doing it again.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:31 AM
ehroof

i am not here to rat anyone out, i didnt and wouldnt tell the moderators anything, just wanted to voice my opinion. as far as darin, i too am in business, run several large jobs at a time and travel troughout the 5 boros of nyc every day but i also find time to help people out on this forum. If you look and see darin only says hes going to china to find something out, he never once posted anything to help anyone with a technical problem on this forum. i even pm'd him about the gear problem and i never got a response from him, granted when my radio went bad they send a new one but what about a little information about the cars, a little help, you do sell them redcat so whats the problem, dont know anything about your product??? They should at least have someone on this forum to help people, some kinda redcat tech. The redcat company is here to just try to make money not really help anyone out. read the welcome redcat post on top and read what it says. And as far as the dealers being so innocent, i still have the pm from the one who offered me money for my signature so dont act like you didnt do anything.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Stormy_H

try emailing [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any tech questions. You might have a hard time catching John as he's just as busy as Darin.

Violette works in Redcat Racing specifically.....she is not a "tech" but she'll sure help you out and probably get you in touch with a tech if you need one.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 AM
AJsToyz

I think the worst part is that even though this is a great thing for all of us helping each , Darin is getting most of his tech work done for free. Most of the research is being done at his customers expense. Does not seem quite right does it? Well , I'd change the glow plug ehroof , it fixes radio's , why not gears ???
Old 04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
ehroof

actually was going to let the glow plug cool down a little then fool with the gears. LOL. You are right though, people are going here for help and tech info instead of redcat and thats my point. I am being serious, if you look at Darins posts you will see he never answers a question about the cars. I dont mind helping out though, i kinda like to do it. I have been in the hobby for over 20 years and just enjoy it.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
nitrosteve22

Or perhaps darin expects us to help each other,dealers and all! I can understand if he's a busy man,I think he's more in it to improve what we redcat buyers recieve as well as making money. Maybe he's not as savy on the RC tech as some of us are so instead of giving bad advice he lets the other forum members help out. I dont know the guy so I cant say for sure,not trying to make excuses this is just my opinion on this.

As far as the dealer issues go,I think a subforum setup with a link to the new board at the top of this one (like in the monster truck forum for example) this way many dealers can share their opinions and show their goods with space instead of trying to bulk haf a dozen retailers in to one or two posts on this forum.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 PM
ehroof

Why doesnt he have someone who does know about this hobby go online to this forum and help out, i cant believe that he has noone in his company who knows about nirto rc cars. read the welcome redcat racing post, see what the first post says. This is a forum for redcat to see how thier product it doing and a way to promote it, all Darins Posts are to promote his product not to give support. I guess i am the only person on this forum who can see and read it. Oh well.