Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Transmitter/ servos problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
speedchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter/ servos problems

I have the 1/10 buggy w/ the .18 2 speed. I've been having pproblems w/ my transmitter/servos... when it loses control w/ the transmitter, it goes full throttle... So I was wondering what could be done besides get a fail safe (witch is a very good investiment, and it's on the way) So I heard futaba is a good choice... but then there is AM / Crystal 3 chl, 2 ch... Should I replace servos and transmitter or just the transmitter would do it? Will I be able to get a better range w/ the Futaba? Semms like I can't go to far before loosing it ,gotta keep the buggy close otherwise it goes wack!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmitter/ servos problems

i would change the whole system, the servos and receiver are not the best quality, the futaba setup is much better, you dont need fm or spektrum unless you plan on running with a bunch of people or racing.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
blackdogafd

hey chris i did buy the futaba system and it came with all new servos for the throttle and steering, new reciever,batt holder and freq cyrstals, i got the futaba 2ph 2-channel and it only cost me 50.00 bucks. you can get them of tower hobbies or look for the hobbyhut ebay store. its a great radio and it has a very long range on it at least a thousand feet i think but havent actually tested it though..
Old 04-13-2006, 11:33 PM
pom08

i'm gonna agree with blackdog on that radio... mine is a bit older but had it in my kyosho then transplanted into my volcano and it was a huge difference. the only thing i did was put in 2 new futaba s3003 servos to replace the old ones. eventually i want to put a futaba 3pm radio in it. alot of guys have that radio in thiers and they say it works really good.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:53 PM
speedchris

Thanks guys, That will be my next upgrade... meanwhile my buggy broke again... 2 minutes test drive again... I'll post a tread about it...