Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: REDCAT WHY DO THE GEARS STRIP OUT??

Has anyone noticed if their spru gearson the volcano sv are not true, As in they wobble when they spin? I've tried talking to redcat raceing but i get more done talking to my wall!!!![:@]
    Volcano Sv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: REDCAT WHY DO THE GEARS STRIP OUT?? BIG NEWS ADDED PAGE 5!!!

why do gears strip out cause rc car is poorly meade, da stock set up they have is clutch bell is too short or you can say motor sit too far away and needs too be moved forward legth wise of rc car. Da 2 speed gears sits half way on clutch bell teeth that's why they keep striping fellas. when i pulled rc tornado bb out box i broke car in correctly and then when i started to have fun like 10 tank of fuel i started to here noise then i seen teeth where strip on 2 gear only so i bought hole new 2 speed set up put it in and runs fine but i look at my rc car to night to see what could cause teeth to strip and its da car poorly mead and they need longer clutch bell so teeth on gears sit all da way on clutch bell util they fix that or they make new clutch bell teeth will probly continue to strip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so i feel ever bodys pain on this, they need to fix it or they going to loose alot of bizz

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wlind05

Has anyone noticed if their spru gearson the volcano sv are not true, As in they wobble when they spin? I've tried talking to redcat raceing but i get more done talking to my wall!!!![:@]
    It is the clutchbell that is more to blame than anything else. With an HPI clutchbell, and even an OS .18CVR, the gears last just fine in ThunderbirdJunkie's opinion.

You're not paying much for the car, and there are reasons the car is cheaper than comparable models, such as the HPI Nitro MT2 and the Nitro Stampede.

Aside from the clutchbell, the rest of the car is actually quite a nice piece.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wlind05

Ya its cause the slipper clutch has a spring on it, and the spring has the end where it makes the spur sit a little off. But it doesnt hurt anything.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Several things. Gear mesh needs to be set. Also if jumping or getting air at all, back off of throttle before it hits the ground, the shock of high revs and sudden impact can cause the gears to strip. Set the slipper a little looser.
    We also have metal gear sets for the volcano if you want them email or pm us.
    Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes i do where do i get them from let me no asap please and thanks for info on rc car

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there are no metal gears for the two speed, just the single speed, and not the direct drive, it's for the one that comes stock in the volcano sv

Steel tranny gear upgrade
    that's the link for the steel gear, then you would have to buy the single speed tranny. You could get the direct drive with 13 tooth clutchbell for $10 more then the metal gears alone

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

woooow i didnt know there was this much of a problem with the gears, i've had to replace the gearbox 5 times because of this. i thought it was just my luck lol, its a pain because im a student and have no money at all lol lucky got an ntc3 aswell and thats sweet untill i crash it
    Team Associated - Nitro TC3.
    HPI0 - Firestorm 10T Nitro.
    Wind Hobbie - Sidewinder Nitro.
    Kyosho - PureTen EP Alpha2 4WD.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stripping the spur is only caused by bad meshing.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920