Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Other Makes....Compatible Parts

Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Stormy_H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other Makes....Compatible Parts

I'd like to know of all the compatible parts used from other brands. We're planning on adding upgrade parts to our store soon and would like to know what parts to look into, do they need any modifying, etc.

Aluminum parts are top priority on my list right now. Let me know what you guys have done.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Popper252

Default RE: Other Makes....Compatible Parts

I already tried to start a thread similar like this but unfortunately there weren't many takers. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4068240/tm.htm]Thread[/link]
Old 04-14-2006, 10:57 PM
DiTi

hi,
YeahRacing and GPM Racing both make aloy parts for the HPI MT2. The doormounts and the front knuckles work pretty well. You should try them too so you can see for your self that minor modifications should be made (some spacers and some new screws). Unfortunatelly the rear holders demand more work. First of all, the place on the a arm is too narrow for the holder to be installed. Second, new ball bearings are required and third the stock axles are too long...Overall, the rear knuckles are too much money too spend and the upgrade is not that simple as the front one...
I have also mounted a Hot Bodies aluminium shock set for the T-Maxx on my Volcano with some minor mods too. Instead of the ball that holds the stock shocks, I used a normal screw. You can see pix of my volcano tomorow on Chubbysdad's thread for redcat pictures. Besides the looks, It has added some more clearance on the truck, better absorbment of "jumps"; I can't tell if there is a big diference in handling.
I also have a TigerDrive but I missed the pull start...less to carry around and now that the truck is all nice and tuned it starts right away... (i dont even need the tiger.
Last but not to be underestimated (...i guess), a simple fuel filter.
thats it, there you have it
my contribution of my 1 month experience in the world or nitro rc
Old 04-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Popper252

Your experimenting with other parts is gonna help a ton of us. Thank you. I'm gonna be ordering some aluminum door mounts and steering arms real soon. You've helped a lot.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
cocheese

I just put rear hub carriers from the Traxxas Nitro Rustler, It was very easy... Yes I did have to replace the bearings and used axles from team associated , but is was easy and only around $20 for everything and now if one does break, it is only $3 for 2 new ones at my LHS
Old 04-27-2006, 08:06 PM
DiTi

plastic or aluminum?
did you mod anything?
Old 05-27-2006, 04:48 PM
mtypython

ta rc10gt pull start will work on tornado
Old 05-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Kemo

Duratrax just bought the Smartech Vanguard as far as I can tell. Everything from the outside looks the same, but they wouldnt let us see under the lid. If the two buggies are similar (himoto and smartech), then you should be able to get parts via duratrax.