Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Newbee question volcano stx

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
KTMatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbee question volcano stx

Hi experts, I just recieved my first nitro and it started fine, but the trigger seems reversed. I looked in the manual and it said pull trigger for forward, push for brake. Mine is going forward when I push the trigger and didn't seem to stop when I pulled the trigger? Also when starting do I keep the glow plug ignitor on when I pull the cord? that is how I started it. If not how long to I keep the igniter on the plug before pulling?

TIA Matt
Old 06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Newbee question volcano stx

Welcome, there is a switch on the controller to reverse it.
Yes you keep on the glow plug ignitor while starting. Once it starts you can keep it on for a few secs then remove.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
KTMatt

Thanks so much,
I see this place is going to be a life saver, like KTMtalk for my son's dirtbike.

Thanks again, Matt from Mass
Old 06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
KTMatt

I have two more Questions do these things usually spit out gas from the exhaust? and will an aftermarket pipe increase power like a dirtbike or just looks and sound?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

They do spit alittle gas out, but too much means its running rich. As far as the pipes, mostly they are for looks, with a slight improvement, but change out the head pipe and that will help some.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:40 AM
chubbysuncle

I'd get used to the stock setup first before upgrading the exhaust etc. Work on getting it tuned right and learning how different adjustments affect the truck. Once you're comfortable then upgrade the engine. Read through this thread if you haven't already . [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm[/link] Like my brother inlaw said the alum pipe on my sons Volcano made a slight power boost but it almost sounds a little Quieter. Look into buying a steel HPI clutchbell Gears will last longer. It's in the link. Wlcome and Have Fun!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: KTMatt

I have two more Questions do these things usually spit out gas from the exhaust? and will an aftermarket pipe increase power like a dirtbike or just looks and sound?
These are two strokes, and two strokes of any size will benefit from a good aftermarket exhaust...some exhausts will help more than others, regardless of brand, and all of them work different on different engines, i.e. you may see a performance gain with an Associated torque tuned pipe on our VX18, but you might not on our Team Infinity .18.

Welcome to a very addictive and expensive hobby, ktm pretty soon you'll have no nosehairs and bloodshot eyes from all the nitro fumes