Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:26 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

you welcome, let me know how it works out for you
Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
NITROMAN125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my carb is blocked how can i fix this???
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 AM
t@n

ehroof
finally i can start my car.. but why there is no fast acceleration when i full throttle? my car was run but no fast acceleration..
can you tell me the indicates when my clutch bell, clutch spring is broken? what will i get if i change those part?
thx for your reply. because very hard for me to discuss about redcat cars in indonesia..
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: t@n

ehroof
finally i can start my car.. but why there is no fast acceleration when i full throttle? my car was run but no fast acceleration..
can you tell me the indicates when my clutch bell, clutch spring is broken? what will i get if i change those part?
thx for your reply. because very hard for me to discuss about redcat cars in indonesia..

sounds like your low needle is too rich, try to lean it a little, here's a video for you to watch about tuning, this may be the problem. if you clutch spring is bad it wont be able to idle and not move, it will stall when you hit the brake.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 AM
eminentguitar

With the os cvrx 18 in a tsunami with a 14 tooth bell smaller than normal clutch shoes and single speed direct drive should it be able to do wheelies?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
ehroof

i would think, the os is a killer engine, i dont have one in any of my redcats though.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:40 PM
NightHawk18

Wow its been over a year since i last posted I guess that can be a good thing.. well anyways i was driving my volcano sv today and driving wise it runs great but i can not get my idle very low. I tried the screw under the air filter and that really didn't do anything. I checked to make sure my clutch and spring were ok... which they are. So what am i missing to get my idle lower... If i unscrew the idle screw to much then when i hit the brakes my car wil die.

Thanks Jared
Old 12-23-2007, 04:12 PM
rclynx

Sounds like a linkage adjustment or your throttle adjustment on the transmitter[&o]
Old 12-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Redharris

Im a new Nitro owner. I have a bone stock Volcano SV. Thanks to this forum and all you guys, I was able to Safely break in and tune my engine. Man I had the thing Screamin on a nice flat parking lot. I swear it looked like it was trying to lift the front wheels as i launched from a dead stop. And as I hit top speed, I could see the tires balooning! Musta been close to or over 30 mph. I DID have to tune it back down a bit as I hit 300 Degrees head temp, ( which scared me, lol.) Richened the HSN and am running in 220 230 range, which feels right. Still Fast too!
Man, I love this thing! Gonna work on some up grades now......
P.S. I have had NO problems with my clutch or clutch bell, except at break in, when I almost SMOKED them. But that is a story I'll save for my next post.
Happy Holidays to all...........
Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 PM
z-22

I just purchased a new volcano. I seen people had trouble with gears. Is there a solution to this problem and what other problems might I have that I would need to make sure I had parts for. Where is a good place to buy upgrades.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
rc_crazy21

I don't think there is too many problems with the transmissions anymore, so you should not have to be too worried but it is a good idea to keep a spare around.

As far as upgrades and parts you can checkout www.tricountyracing.com
We have bought many things through them without a problem and they are cheap, just send them a message! Otherwise there is a couple other dealers on here that can help as well.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 PM
dominicevans

hey whats a good aluminum exhaust upgrade for the tornado ?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:35 PM
haz
My Feedback: (17)

I just put this one on my truck.http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149075.asp
Old 12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
NightHawk18

Has anyone ever did the 2 speed conversion on this truck adn if so how did u like it
Old 12-28-2007, 03:35 PM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: haz

I just put this one on my truck.http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149075.asp
DID u upgrade your manifold??
Old 12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Redharris

Mashn76 installed a 2 speed tranny in His Volcano. He got it to work anf finally shot a video nposted it in this thread. Here is a link to the beginning of his thread. Start at the 3rd post from the top.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42...32/key_/tm.htm
Old 12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Redharris

Im trying to Install after market shocks on my Volcano SV Truck. I read in this thread that Traxxas T-Maxx and E-Max Shocks will fit. So I bought a Pair of T-maxx shocks to experiment with. The Problem is that the upper shock mount is different from the Volcano upper shock Mount. Has any one else Actually accomplished this mod? How did YOU do it? Can you explain and/or post a picture?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
kutzie1793

heyy i got a problem i need some help with
i have a redcat volcano sv. between the enginge and throttle servo theres an axle or drivesharft or something. at the rear end of that driveshaft, theres a thing that looks like a knuckle, its right under the pullstart. it keeps moving around and coming out of place and stuff. is there a way i can fix this myself (keep in mind im a newb at this stuff), or should i take it to a hobby shop?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
coostv

ORIGINAL: kutzie1793

heyy i got a problem i need some help with
i have a redcat volcano sv. between the enginge and throttle servo theres an axle or drivesharft or something. at the rear end of that driveshaft, theres a thing that looks like a knuckle, its right under the pullstart. it keeps moving around and coming out of place and stuff. is there a way i can fix this myself (keep in mind im a newb at this stuff), or should i take it to a hobby shop?
Which part keeps moving around and coming out? The dogbone or the knuckle (drive shaft that comes out of the rear diff case)? If the drive shaft is coming out you have a problem inside the the rear differential. It is likely that you are missing an E clip on the drive shaft which drives the main drive gear inside the diff case. If you have a manual there is an exploded view of the diff case. If you do not have one you can download one here [link=http://www.redcatracing.com/manuals.asp]Redcat manuals[/link]

Even with limited or no experience you can take this thing apart. They are not too difficult especially if you have the pictures to go with it [&:]

Hope this helps,

Chris
Old 12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
kutzie1793

its the knuckle. it doesnt show it in the manual. it looks like i have to take the rear bumper and shock mounts and everything apart. looks like the whole cars gotta be taken apart to get this stupid knuckle. haha, are you sure a newb like me can do it?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
coostv

Can you take a picture of the part and post it here? It should not be too bad to fix. Just remember where the stuff was when you take it apart. It helps to lay the parts out in the order you remove them for reassembly.

Chris
Old 12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
kutzie1793

hey thanks guys, i took it apart and got the broken knuckle out. ill order a new one and hopefully put it in right. thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
ranger4x4

hi guys i'm new to nitro rc's and im just waiting for my truck to arrive. i'm just wondering if anyone has any special tips to set it up to run good in cold temp? i'm in northern minnesota and i dont want to blow up the engine because i had it set wrong. also where is a good place to get upgrades for the volcano? i got a feeling the a-arm on it will be plastic and will have a better chance of breaking in the cold. also what parts would be good to keep on hand? i mean which is the most common part to break?

thanks any help i might get it is appreciated

jay
Old 01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Redharris

Ok…..
I managed to fit some T-Maxx Shocks on my Volcano SV. The only thing you have to modify is the Top shock mount. If you buy the T-Maxx Shocks from the LHS, the kit has all the spacers you need. You also need to buy 8 socket head cap screws 3mm X 18. Also from the LHS. The Pictures should be self explanatory. I posted pictures of the truck with stock shocks in back and T-Maxx shocks in front so you could see the difference in Bore and Spring size.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93997.gif
Views:	20
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	844307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46931.gif
Views:	17
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	844308  
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

hi guys i'm new to nitro rc's and im just waiting for my truck to arrive. i'm just wondering if anyone has any special tips to set it up to run good in cold temp? i'm in northern minnesota and i dont want to blow up the engine because i had it set wrong. also where is a good place to get upgrades for the volcano? i got a feeling the a-arm on it will be plastic and will have a better chance of breaking in the cold. also what parts would be good to keep on hand? i mean which is the most common part to break?

thanks any help i might get it is appreciated

jay
Hi Jay,

wrap the cooling head in tin foil to keep the temps up, you want the engine as close to 200 degrees without making it too lean for break in. you dont want it too hot either, a temp gun would be good to have in real cold temps outside. leave it plastic, its cheaper to replace a plastic a arms then replacing bent aluminum ones and what they are attached to . get a couple of front a arms and steering knuckles, maybe a few spur gears too. i get all my redcat and other rc stuff from http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/servlet/StoreFront

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.