Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1227

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

This one here is the one i am talking about. Its listed under the 1/10th buggy parts so thats why im asking....Anyone?

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...ear-set/Detail
    Exceed Razor, RedCat Tsumani and wanna be Volcano

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a tsunami ultrawide for Christmas and during break-in the brake was set way to high and we burned up the clutch bell, what do we have to replace. The car won't go very fast and the acceleration is decreased. The clutch bell is a blue color.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

clutchbell, bearings, shoes, and spring.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

clutchbell, bearings, shoes, and spring.

and he just happens to be the man to get them parts from...lightning fast shippin..good prices
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had an os .18 cv-rx in my volcano sv pro but neither I or the LHS could get it to run so Ill have to send it back for warranty repair. I installed the team infinty .18 after a good cleaning with some carb and choke cleaner and it fired right up and runs awesome. How can I adjust the throttle arm to not totally kill the engine when I put it in reverse/brakes? Also sometimes after running for a few minutes the throttle dies to to about 15% and after I pick it up and juice the throttle a couple of times it picks back up like normal until I run it out of fuel. This seems to happen whenever I am down to about an 1/8 of a tank. I have venom temp gauge/fail safe and the temp reads about 250 to 280 but after I stop the engine the temp drops 20 - 30 degrees in about 20 seconds. What is an acceptable temp range to run it in. It still has a fair amount of smoke when running it hard so I think I can still lean it up a smidgen more. Thanks for any helpful tips.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just answered my own question about the throttle cut back because of the failsafe, duh...should have looked it up before I asked. But what about the reverse/brake thing?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you need to turn the idle screw clockwise to keep the carb open when you hit the brake, 250 is a good running temp when you running it pretty hard, no more than 280.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the chrome wheel number is 08008 and the tire is 08043 the combo number is 08071
    i need to know what bearing goes in ther steering hub cant get grub screws out so i have to rebuild or does the aluminum one not need bearings

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the wheels are 08008 the tire 08043 and the combo is 08071

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for the dog bone depends for the drive axle dog bone its 08059 for the drive shaft its 08060

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I replaced my front left dogbone because it disapearred and since that happend it seems that when I juice it sometimes the front wheels take off like a bat out of hell but the rears don't have near as much power. Is there anything I can do to limit the temp to 270, maybe make it more rich at the sacrifice of power. It gets frustrating having the fail safe cut it back all the time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so hopefully im going to pick my spur gears up from redcat tomorrow and i need help on meshing them. i know how to do it any everything, i did that last time and i still stripped it. i put notebook paper in and pushed it up against it, when i ran it it kinda almost binded, so is that too tight. Should i be pushing it together or just letting it be snug or what? how hard should i push it together? any other advice on meshing would be greatly appreciated.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so hopefully im going to pick my spur gears up from redcat tomorrow and i need help on meshing them. i know how to do it any everything, i did that last time and i still stripped it. i put notebook paper in and pushed it up against it, when i ran it it kinda almost was binding, like it would catch it seemed like every turn, so is that too tight. Should i be pushing it together or just letting it be snug or what? how hard should i push it together? any other advice on meshing would be greatly appreciated.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there should be a little play between the clutch bell and the spur gears, just a bit of play. you sould be able to roll the car without any binding.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright ill try that, just wanted to make sure so i dont keep strippin gears, it pisses me off lol. i havent drove it for real in a while
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so i got the gears in my volcano, put the header and rpm pipe on, with a high flow air filter from all about fun. its way fast im so happy with everything and the direct drive, hopefully i dont strip anymore gears. but i have a problem, i set the hsn to 2 1/2 out and it was runnin great, did spit test and was too cold, so i leaned it 1/8, ran great still cool, leaned it another 1/8 and it bogged when i floored it when not going fast or from a start. what is this, it couldnt be rich right, cause it was runnin good before, and i dont think it could be lean cause it was still not hott (spit couldnt sizzle even when sitting on the head for a bit). so can anbody tell me what is going on with my truck?? btw its a 1/10 volcano vx18
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

did u spit on top of the head or down by the glow plug?
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's how you tune the motors you lean it out till it starts to mess up then you back it off an 1/8th to a 1/4th turn and thats the best it will run. If its still running cool after the best tune then you need to wrap the head of the motor with aluminum foil because its to cold outside.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if your spitting on the top of the head it wont sizzle or boil off...unless your extreamly lean...the top off the head runs cooler...down by the plug is were ya wanna test temps

I bought a temp gun to get accurate temps, but its not really needed to tune if you have a good ear and watch the smoke. Maybe try a new glow plug or get a hotter one. Sometimes the sweet spot is hard to find. Make sure you are revving it up to clear out carb between adjustments. Also it can be hard to get temps up when it is cold. Check carb opening to make sure servo is adjusted properly and brake is not engaged. Once you get the high speed to lean/bog turn back to rich side untill it runs better and start leaning the low speed needle. Hope this helps.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i kinda looked a little bit about fuel, but didnt really find anything. i heard that nitrotane is the best fuel power-wise, then O'Donnell's second, what is a good fuel for my vx18, i run 20% O'Donnell's right now, should i stick with that or is there something better?
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats good fuel bro, keep using it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alright cool thanks
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What size dogbones go on the rear for the tornado bb? thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

your talking about the dogbones that go to the tires right ?
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast