Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
impune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

well i have a question.

i had the pull start went very easy on me- meaning you pull and it has not restriction but then every now and again a little thump catch. what i was doing is trying to get the setting right for the engine. newer avalanche truck that is broke in. now i want to actuallly drive it. the trucks was flooding out and settings took awhile to turn the lsn down to get it to move forward instead of stall. the idle seems fine. well as it was slowly going down the drive i stopped it to address the lsn again becasue it was barely moving and tons of smoke. it stalled, i go to pull the string and it is an easy pull with a little catch here and there-thump. so i was told that the oneway bearing was covered in oil and that i was probly running traxxas fuel. well that is true. i was. so i clean it with dawn, becasue i don't have brake cleaner sitting around. dried it with towel and blow dryer to make sure dry. then i pulled and worked. still trying to adjust and it happened again.
well cleaned this time and does nt seem to work. another problem was that the crank a few tiems putting the oneway back on and the plate with the shaft too, once fastened down. the crank nor flywheel would turn over, stuck. took it out three times and the fourth time the same way and tightened it down it would move and past the pinch with thump.
but hate to say the oneway still not really catching. how long do the oneways last and what was my deal or doing wrong putting it back together?

so it is set back in but only a thump or two here and there...

what to do. have the sh .28 engine.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
chevyderek72

ok so i got a problem, i bust my car out today and at first it was runnin fine, but my tuning is starting to get messed up. i would put it at say 2 1/2 turn out and run down the street, then when i would come back it would bog for a few seconds and then run fine at higher speeds, i would stop and it would do it again, bog out for a couple seconds. but i would bring it back to me and i would lean the hsn a little bit and it would do the same thing, be good on the first run, but on the way back and after that it would bog until i brought it back to me. i thought maybe it was the lsn but i would turn that both ways and it didnt help. does anybody know what it might be. also i know the lsn is flush with the collar, after that do you just lean it out or what, i never got that i just always left it flush.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 PM
impune

is it hot or cold there. at night its chilly right and during the day hit as anything. like florida but with out the humidity.... so change youhave to do a little depending night or day runs.

but the lsn is for the punch, the begining past when you gas it. the hsn is for the top speed part. so it punches and then bogs its the hsn... it slow starts and bogs then speeds up its the lsn.

yes start flush and turn slight turns clockwise i believe, like not more than a qaurter turn at a time and may take few start and stops...

what engine? this .28 has been tricky for me. i used to run only the .15 pro and the .18 engines, so this is more effort to adjust. but once there all other adjustments are minor they say.

hope this helps. any correct me if i am wrong.

if it's the sh .28 check the ling for more info. http://www.happysale.dk/images/SH28.pdf
Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 PM
impune

sorry for the typo's, i forgot to reread and i've been working waaaay tooo much lately. tired plus adult beverages equals poor grammar.... but i hope you can decipher what i was saying.
if it's the sh.28 link is http://www.happysale.dk/images/SH28.pdf
Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
chevyderek72

its the vx 18 and i was runnin it when i was warm, around 90-95 degrees. like when i floor (pull) it, it boggs from pull to like 10mph or something, for a couple seconds it just boggs, and in the grass it doesnt stop bogging.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
impune

sounds like the lsn. boggs from the start, it's the lsn. bogg after the start its the hsn.

remember, when you put it wide open you should see smoke, if not, it's too lean and you'll burn the engine up. smoke is good.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
decompetencia

Hello I have problems with my himoto Syclone pro, i can not find the needle for low speed where is it?, i have the needle for hight speed but the another i dont know, thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 08:21 PM
impune

what size engine is the syclone? if its larger it will be the screw at the end of the slide carb?

otherwise... some else needs to answer.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
chevyderek72

when i stomp it there is tons of smoke, so it would be the lsn, then, lean that out?? and keep leaning it out till it gets better?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
decompetencia

ORIGINAL: impune

what size engine is the syclone? if its larger it will be the screw at the end of the slide carb?

otherwise... some else needs to answer.
Hi, the size of the engine is .18, there is a screw but only hold the slide carb doesn´t do anything else
here is the picture of the one side and teh other

[img][/img][img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26366.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	943743  
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
chevyderek72

on the second pic its the needle right under the throttle arm, just right of the idle screw
Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 PM
decompetencia

hi, there is the picture of the screw, but i move that screw and nothing happend
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
chevyderek72

thats what happens with me, im confused with that too, i never used it really, just left it flush, and now im havin troubles with it
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Swamp3r

ORIGINAL: decompetencia

hi, there is the picture of the screw, but i move that screw and nothing happend
Thats the idle screw it's the screw below that for the lsn. I don't know these motors but thats what makes sence.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
jpilkinton

Here is a description using the picture of the engine:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95943.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	943892  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Swamp3r

I thought this was a slide carb engine if so the red circle should be blue and the blue circle should be red.
Edit I'm surprised this hasn't been deleted considering it has nothing to do with redcat.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 PM
impune

ok i give up on the sh .28... i have never had an issues with the traxxas.15 the hpi nitro star, even the chinese .18 i bought with in minutes it was tuned and running.... this sh.28 with redcat... i am passed stressed and fustrated with it....

i sent it to the local expert guy at the private hobby shop. he tunes racers and all for twenty something years... lets see what he says. i am either a twit or its not right...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
madmarty

i would check for air leaks.......i had the same problem with my hurricane. i took the motor apart and sealed it..... starts right up and runs like a bat out of hell.

http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=54465
Old 05-11-2008, 07:44 PM
chevyderek72

ok i have a volcano with a vx 18 and yesterday when i ran it, it wasnt fully warmed up yet and was a factory settings, and there was fuel in the hsn, like coming out of the carb, then i leaned it a 1/4 turn and it went away. why did it do that??
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Mr_Byte

I had that problem with my Hurricane out of the box, but it was dumping raw fuel out the muffler. I leaned the HSN like you did and it went away. Sometimes the factory settings aren't right, and you need to baseline the motor yourself.

My tornado though...

I must have leaned it out too far or something. My friend and I went out bashing today, and he's new, but Ive been running this tornado for about a year now.

Well, after a long run the temp gauge read like 400f on the tornado. I haven't torn it down yet, but I'm afraid it's cooked.

if not...well, there's next time, right?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
a4d2a0m

That happened on my Volcano.

Thes O-ring on the lsn is getting slightly worn,(if you had fuel on top of your screw)when the screw is turned a bit, it re-seats itself. after a little while longer my lsn turned by itself from the vibrations of the motor. I just got a new o-ring from my LHS. problem solved!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
chevyderek72

how do you clean the one way??
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 AM
chevyderek72

does anybody know what the stock needle settings are for the traxxas .15 engine??
Old 05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
rcphanatik

hey guys with tornados, have you had many problems with the shocks? It's REALLY weird. the cap on the lower part of the body that holds the O-rings in on 3 of my shocks is literally falling off. the threading on them is completely off! I was pretty sure it was running fine yesterday. in fact-i got it yesterday. it's very frustrating
Old 05-18-2008, 05:13 AM
rclynx

Get the upgrade Aluminum shocks and don't look back [&o]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.