Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

If the molded hub is between the two gears you won't get proper mesh with the clutchbell. At least not with mine and the exploded pic in my manual ( if it's accurate) shows the gear installed the way I have it in the pics. Try it and see how it meshes.
    *REDNECK RACING SUPPORT* If it ain\'t broke you didn\'t have fun! Savage X,Volcano,Tornado XP.
    www.clermontmotorsports.com

sorry bout that, i did mean reverse. it could have been an assembly error... i dunno. but the gears are smaller. anyway, i put the new gear in the old tranny and it works good. but it seems like it only shifts every now and then, not on every accel from stop. is the normal?
    thanks
    -john
    Tornado XP ----- Lightning STR

It could be some grit in the 2 way clutch. The tune needs to be very close to perfect and the 2 way clutch needs to be free moving with no dirt or grit in it for consistant shifts. Just a small bit of dirt or sand in the clutch can cause it to hang up and not shift. My Savage uses basically the same setup but it's enclosed in a Transmission case so it stays very clean. Second gear shifts are very consistant in that truck. Now that youv'e got the new trans take it apart and check it out. Get a new gear and get it set. Try the 2 way clutch in the new trans out.
    Hey just have some FUN!
    *REDNECK RACING SUPPORT* If it ain\'t broke you didn\'t have fun! Savage X,Volcano,Tornado XP.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Plus when you put the new trans in it does not hurt to cover the hole on the bottom of the car. just A couple strips and the dirt will stick to the tape and out of your gears
    F9, hunter hawker,F-22,yak55 30% DLE55,Extra260,300.sabre F86,bae hawk,Cessna 182. GoldWing extra300LM 30CC Velox20cc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HAY MY MATES GETTIN A VOCANO STX DO YOU LOT RECON IT CAN DO 60MPH REALISTICLY

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if its sitting on the passenger seat of your personal automobile while your driving 60mph on the highway. you should be able to get 40mph with some hop ups, better gearing and higher nitro fuel
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks i best not tell him he's been dead hyped about getting it still a good truck thow i hate when companys overate there products
    im not an owner myself i run a hpi rush evo with a new engine in the post thanks tho

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

then again its not all speed is it i barely use full throtle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for changing the subject. But this is a ? pertaining to the post that chubbysuncle did on page 8. You show a gap inbetween the drivecup and the trans. My ? is when I reinstalled the trans and went to put the driveshaft in I notice, the drive cup that connects to the differentials moves back and forth. Or i should say the the differential shaft moves back and forth.(where you put the drivecup on). This happened on front and back. I also notice right before I put the drivecup on the washer and the bearing almost fell out. Just wondering if this is normal or what might be going on? Hopefully you guys understand what I am trying to explain. THanks for you r time. Greg

Tornado XP
    Team Losi Lst2 (Kick azz truck)

Yeah...The shaft that goes into the front and rear diffs ? Mine too. When you push the shaft in it pushes the smaller pinion gear in toward the bigger ring gear. That does tighten up the gap to prevent those gears from stripping,BUT, not to well on the Redcats plastic diff housing. I've tried to shim them but it doesn't work too well. Just get those cups on as tight as you can toward the diff and tighten on the flats. The little gap I show on the trans on page 8 is to allow a little freeplay when you mount the trans to the chassis. The drivecup on the brakeside should be flush with the trans housing or pretty darn close. After you mount the trans you can easily move that drive cup in alittle if you have too. You are talking about the drive cups closest to the front and rear differentials right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah the differentials. So you should pull the diff pinion out to get the drive cup on as close and tight as you can to the diff housing.So it does'nt move back and forth.( or any play in it) O yeah thanks for helpin out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cant seem to see the pictures in chubbysuncle's post on taking the tranny apart on page 7. can anyone help me out on this i need to replace my 2 speed clutch
    1/10th Redcat Tornado XP

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think they are on page 8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oops [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
    1/10th Redcat Tornado XP

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

AAAH!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i notice people seem to refer to the transmission as a differential when the differential is actually the front and rear end gears not the transmission. Just wanted to clear that up, its the same in real cars too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i have gotten help here before on things and i was hoping you could do the same again, me and my buddies were at autozone and i saw a air filter that looked like it would almost fit on my r/c car and sure enough after some simple mods it goes right on, here the thing, can this be bad for my car and could it change my car settings since it wasn't broke in with this? if not man it looks crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk24885.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	529690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id95072.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	529691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xc79954.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	529692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fy72837.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	529693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hs95719.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	529694  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i hope popper252 doesnt see those close up pictures, fuzzy!!!!!!!

I think your fine as long as your sealed up good, i see that tape job. i am sure you will have to adjust your carb, your probably breathing better than the dual foam filter.

Like Ehroof said as long as it's sealed and got some filter oil on it it can't hurt. BUT ....it looks kinda heavy. Make sure it can't bounce around and rip the rubber boot off the carb or break the carb itself. [:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah i was worried about that so if you look at my blurry pics then you can see i mounted it like in three places so it wont bounce around. It has actually lowerd my engine temp about 15 degrees or maybe its because i waswnt running very hard.

Today though, i started my car and went to start driving and i thought man i stripped my gear, but then i noticed hmm its still running smooth. So i took off and i saw what the problem was, the car is running only front wheel drive, the two front are spinning but the backs are free rolling, this also makes my brakes not work for some reason. So my question is is it something stripped in the back or is it just something i have to tighten or push up, i dont hear anything rattleing in the back gear area so idk.

thanks for all the info Jared

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NightHawk18

Yeah i was worried about that so if you look at my blurry pics then you can see i mounted it like in three places so it wont bounce around. It has actually lowerd my engine temp about 15 degrees or maybe its because i waswnt running very hard.

Today though, i started my car and went to start driving and i thought man i stripped my gear, but then i noticed hmm its still running smooth. So i took off and i saw what the problem was, the car is running only front wheel drive, the two front are spinning but the backs are free rolling, this also makes my brakes not work for some reason. So my question is is it something stripped in the back or is it just something i have to tighten or push up, i dont hear anything rattleing in the back gear area so idk.

thanks for all the info Jared

Jared, check the grub screws circled in yellow on this picture: http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/up...49/Ed61448.jpg

Picture is from a tutorial on rebuilding your trans written by Chubbysuncle here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42..._8/key_/tm.htm

See post #184

Mark[sm=48_48.gif]
    USA STS Engines Dealer
    Engine Mods by RBmods

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

i hope popper252 doesnt see those close up pictures, fuzzy!!!!!!!

I think your fine as long as your sealed up good, i see that tape job. i am sure you will have to adjust your carb, your probably breathing better than the dual foam filter.
    lol man I was just about to mention something

I'll let it slide this time...

Tornado Xp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TST is wright I had all four Drive cups come loose. I had the same problem.
    ^
    Universal joint holder I think that is what they call it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alright well i tightend them up but now the rear one and the one by make disc brake keeps coming undone quite easily, is there a slot they go into or am i not tightening them all the way cause i can crank till it wont go any farther.

also can you take out the front dogbone adn just run rear wheel drive or is that bad.

thanks Jared

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast