Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
chase_klein23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

My clutch bell housing broke off the gears........ So does anybody know of a good clutch bell for a Tornado XP...

Tornado XP
Chase
Old 03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
NSXTACY

PLEASE READ this forum! It is repeated 50 times in this forum.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 PM
chase_klein23

Ya I found one that in this forum that is for a tornado xp, but I wanna be for sure before I order it..... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXCLR2&P=K

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXDHM0&P=K

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXCLR9&P=K

Will these fit my tornado xp? Thanx
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
chase_klein23

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2112.html My dad bought this engine for his t-maxx, was told it would out perform the 3.3 traxxas engine and when the 4.2 comes out will out perform it as well, is this true and is it a good engine?

Thanx

Tornado XP

Chase
Old 03-12-2007, 05:55 PM
streetskatertd

are these parts still available somewhere???
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, tower hobbies, lol, just follow the links. Chase, those will fit your tornado as long as it is a 2 speed and yes that os is a very good engine, i dont think you can use that on the redcats since its a rear dump exhaust and the redcats are a side exhaust, you need and os .18 cvrx for the redcats.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
chase_klein23

Ok thank u, Me and my dad was trying to start that new motor and it would lock up every time he used the easy start, so we would have to unjam it and try again, never could get that new os .18 to start....It would jam about 2 seconds after he put the easy start on, Too much fuel or ?................
Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 PM
bluecaka69

alot of new engines bind untill they are seated just use your thumb and turn flywheel to free it up all my traxxas 3.3 engines have done that untill they have been broken in
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
chase_klein23

Ok thanx Man

Tornado XP

Chase
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 PM
chmoore1976

I have no idea why my tornado bb pro wont start(im a newbie). Redcat Racing's directions that came in the box are absolutely awful if your a beginner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 PM
chase_klein23

where in texas u from?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: chmoore1976

I have no idea why my tornado bb pro wont start(im a newbie). Redcat Racing's directions that came in the box are absolutely awful if your a beginner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

take the glow plug out and put it in the ignitor and see if it glow bright orange/red. If not make sure you charged your ignitor for 12 hours, if you did then change the glow plug. If it light up, make sure your carb is open, remove the air filter and look down the carb, you should see a 1mm opening in it, make sure you have the radio and car on. if not you have to open the idle screw, the one with the spring on it right below the carb opening, turn it clockwise to raise the idle.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
NSXTACY

Guys im having a hard time keeping the tornado carb on. Anybody else ever had or has this problem? I was wondering if anybody knows some tips or mods i could do to keep the carb on there good. Because whenever i rev the engine really high rpms the carb usually shakes loose and comes off totally. I don't like the way the engine keeps the carb on, it doesn't look like a reliable, strong hold and also if you tighten it too tight you can crush your carb in(like i did)[:'(]

Can anyone please help me or give me some tips to solve this problem!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
ehroof

some rtv silicone around it before you push it in an tighten it should keep it in place, not alot, just a little ring then push it down, make sure you clean it good first, with alcahol or something, this should help keep it in place, then tighten it.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 PM
NSXTACY

Ok well now i have another problem.
Whenever i start my nitro and its running i take the glow plug starter out off and it just cuts off. I'm thinking it is a bad glow plug... but i take out the glow plug and put it on my glow start and it glows a nice and bright orange. [sm=50_50.gif] Anybody have any idea what the problem is?
I just put the new redcatracing tuned aluminum pipe on and bought a new carb. I also noticed that the engine sounds really rich, hard to get started, and it is running pretty cool. Not to mention it takes forever to get to redline and sounds very low pitched which is weird cause i usually get a high pitched sound in the high revs... Please help!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 PM
ehroof

sounds like its too rich or the plug is no good, i would lean it out a little and see if it helps. A weather change can effect tuning
Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
NSXTACY

Yup right after i posted my problem i fixed it. lol
I leaned it out a good bit more. I was scared i was leaning it out too much because i already had it more lean than my old carb but it was still acting rich...
But it is running fairly well and it is switching gears quite nicely. It was going soo fast when i turned a corner it flipped over at least a 20 times(gotta stop doing that or im gonna spend more time fixing and less time driving). I am happy right now with it though.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:36 PM
ehroof

good bro
Old 03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
chase_klein23

Hey ehroof I found out the problem, My clutch bell housing broke off the gears, that is why it needed high Rpms to get moving, Thanx for all the help man,

Tornado XP

Chase
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
ehroof

ok, good bro, get the hpi setup and you will be fine, i happened to me, the teeth crack where they meet the bell.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 PM
NSXTACY

It has happened and will happen to every tornado owner.[&:]
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM
NSXTACY

Anybody have the ball point suspension system that is stock with the tornado bb and bb pro? As seen in this picture: http://redcatracing.com/picsgallery/tornadobbpro4.jpg
I am having trouble taking the ball out of the turnbuckle so i can replace the suspension arm. Can anyone guide me through this or take pics of how you take it out. Please and thankyou.

EDIT
NVM mind i figured it out.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:03 PM
arlo1

I have a bb, but havent had it apart before, but I have adjusted my camber and rear toe in And it should be the same thing to take it apart, there is a big lock nut that will come out with an allen key then there is a small allen screw that you turn out which is the ball it self I belive they are all regular thread which meens turn them counter clockwise to remove.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:26 PM
chase_klein23

Man I keep stripping my big gear out on my transmssion, I got it perfect drove it for a few hours, still perfect, then drove it for about ten minutes then it was completly stripped, I put lock washers on the engine mount screws and blue lock tight, and the clutch bell is still shifting. Any pointers......?

Tornado XP
Chase

Really I am not that happy with my tornado xp, yes it is fast but built cheap? Any other redcat cars better built or stronger?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: chase_klein23

Man I keep stripping my big gear out on my transmssion, I got it perfect drove it for a few hours, still perfect, then drove it for about ten minutes then it was completly stripped, I put lock washers on the engine mount screws and blue lock tight, and the clutch bell is still shifting. Any pointers......?

Tornado XP
Chase

Really I am not that happy with my tornado xp, yes it is fast but built cheap? Any other redcat cars better built or stronger?

did you upgrade your clutch bell, once you do that the stripping will stop. I havent stripped the gears in any of my redcats once i changed to the hpi clutch bell and i have almost all of them, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.