Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Question for the Redcat Dealers

Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for the Redcat Dealers

I've just got an easy question , why not offer other shipping?? I think most people are just getting small parts that weigh very little. If you ship something less than eleven ounces First class mail it cost almost nothing. First class will get within a few states just as fast as Priority mail and usually faster than anything else. Bubble envelopes @ Sams club less then 50 cents each , print on the envelope , no label , very cheap shipping. Thats part of the cost of these cars , at least 5.00 shipping a pop ! I'm asking because my small ebay items ship for less than two bucks all day long.

I got my steering arms from Hong Kong , took about a week and a half , shipping was 3.00
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 PM
blackdogafd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question for the Redcat Dealers

hey AJ i know when i bought my first parts i needed from topspeedtoys that they shipped us priority mail and in a bubble wrapper, and i got them in like 2-3days not bad.

i know when redcatracingparts.com sends things. that its the same thing as long as he has it in stock in comes nicely packaged and from usps priority mail, if its not in his stock it does get shipped from redcat via DHL. but i see your point on the matter redcat should look into shipping with somo one else for the smaller parts!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:36 AM
AJsToyz

Yep ! I'm not trying to rip anyone , the parts are so small the shipping is overkill in most cases. I know part of it is the drop shipping because of Redcat and there shipping. You cannot charge 2.50 and have to get it from Redcat , but when you need a part that costs 3.99 and shipping is 5.00 - 6.00 it really drives the parts through the roof !! It just seems like theres got to be a way to do the shipping to save all the guys a few bucks.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I personally use priority with delivery confirmation because it covers me when a customer says he didn't get the package and I know he did because delivery confirmation shows delivered to that address. Also, my honest opinion is to order more than one part at a time. Most of my orders whether it is 1 part or 10 parts, the shipping is still the same.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 AM
AJsToyz

The problem with that is you really do not know what your going to break. I don't think anyone wants to keep a pile of extra parts around. I can see a few of the items but the last part that failed was a one way bearing. In all the discusions I have not seen the one way bearing in the two speed go out. I use USPS online and they allways give me delivery confirmation when printing labels online. If you get delivery confirmation at the post office its like 50 cents. I think the real problem is the Redcat drop shipment thing. Personally , if it was not instock from one of the dealers and they contacted me and let me know , that would be great. That gives you the option of paying the extra shipping to get it from Redcat, or trying something else.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Stormy_H

From my point of view:

I think that would attract more customers, but in the long run, I'd be losing. Like Dennis said, without delivery confirmation all a customer has to do is file something with Paypal and you're out. If I ever have to dropship something for some reason, I would be losing money 99% of the time.

That is why dealers don't do it. As the business grows, you will be seeing the parts in Local Hobby Shops.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
AJsToyz

Well , like I said , the shipping confirmation is available under first class. As far as local shops , I hope the quality inproves or I know I won't see parts. They don't laugh at mr for buying the car ,but they do kinda laugh at the car for the quality , or lack of. Don't get me wrong , they help to het things working , but they have no intention on stocking this product.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:14 PM
shlo25

lhs my laugh at the product but when they see that its selling better than other brand name they will stock parts and cars first of all u cant beat the price for the cars ,what im realy trying to say when it comes down to its about the moolah (money)however we look at it and from what ive notice the parts are interchage with other brands me personally i love my volcano had for 4 months and ran the hell out of it and i definitley got my money worth
Old 05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Chubbysdad

When I first got one, before I started selling them, I took mine to a shop and I was told" thats a well built machine for the money."
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM
AJsToyz

Well , the Himoto and the Acme have been out for a while and I really don't see the lhs jumping up and down trying to get them either. They look like a well built machine , they have the capability of being a well built machine. They are not all that good the way they are built at the moment. I know Redcat has just started selling them , but its not like the car itself is few months old. I have two local places that I can drive to fairly easy and they are not going to cary this.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:04 PM
AJsToyz

Well , I've had this thing apart more then together I hope it will not fall apart anymore. I really don't mind getting parts that wore out , or broke from abuse, its the fixing things just to keep it running that drives me nuts.

The engine siezed , Replaced Transmitter ,a servo , steering arm, one way bearing , clutch bell , clutch spring,and repaired the pull starter. The steering arm was replaced twice , the first time when the defective radio drilled the car into a wall and I don't mind saying that even though the radio failing damaged the car I still had to buy the new parts to fix the car. The second time I was just running through the grass and it started pulling to the right. I looked at the car and the right arm broke . As for the gears , I thing think the clutch bell has way to much play and the wobble is tearing out the gears. I've got aluminum steering arms for the car now so thats done. I've replaced the clutch bell with a duratrax and I don't think there is going to be to much trouble with the gears. Oh yeh , I've got a pint to go and I will have two quarts of fuel through this car.

I'm glad your Volcano is running good for you and hope you get a lot of good hours out of it !
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
shlo25

i honestly dont know y some people have hard time with their cars because ive been reading on this forum bad things and good things and i must tell u ive done some research before i purchased my volcano and i found out that no matter what brand u will get they are all the same its like buying a boat some say u might as well throw your money in the water lolwell any hobby is like that so go figure cant satisfy everybody thats for sure .....
Old 05-04-2006, 09:28 PM
AJsToyz

Well, the good thing is tonight I got this car to run the best its ever run ! The trans is not shifting properly but it did not self destruct !! LOL After two good runs , nothing even came loose ! ^5
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
dabo12367

Hello, I recently bought a Hurricane XP. I live in Southeast Massachusetts and am wondering if there are any local hobbyshops that carry this brand. If there are, please respond. Thanks, David
Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
chubbysuncle

Geez AJ, I bought a Savage X from my LHS and everytime I need parts( yeah they break too) they don't have them in stock. I'm ordering stuff online for it just to get it. If your LHS has alot of parts in stock for a car/truck you should buy the car/truck they've got the most parts for I guess, that way when it breaks they'll have it. It took an $18 upgrade to get the stock Savage to stop in less than 10'. I spent alot on this truck upfront but to the companies it's all about the $$$. I've got a page in the Savage book of all the upgrades! ***! Is it a great truck? OH YEAH!!! For the $ the Volcano is just as good. My kid's been beatin' the snot outta it. Do I get my parts fast? YES! Clermont ships priority mail and I've got the parts in 3days. I'm still waiting for my LHS to get alum clutch shoes for the Savage. I dunno..I guess everyone's different but stuff breaks. If you want it now then you need to have an extra car/truck for parts. I wiped out the Savage spur gear in less than 2 minutes because it wasn't meshed right. Does that mean Savage Sucks cause the LHS was out of spur gears?? JMO............
Old 05-31-2006, 11:59 PM
lightningvx

would the duratrax clutch bell fit on the lightning? i want to upgrade as many parts as i can on it but my LHS dosent carry a thing for redcat and he dosent even have internet to look it up! what companies are compatible? also would it be worth the trouble of convincing the owner to stock redcat for me? i mean 3 dollars here and five there might be worth it for him
Old 06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
chubbysuncle

Goto www.clermontmotorsports.com. Dennis @ Clermont isn't that far away from you. He doesn't have a store, internet only I think but he may be able to help you out getting parts quick or have them for you to pick up. Your LHS probably doesn't need another line of cars/ trucks to sell and stock parts for.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Chubbysdad

Yeah I am not that far. Well about 1.25 hours. My parents live that way over in spring hill. I have a shop and internet orders. If you need anything drop me an email.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:10 PM
AJsToyz

I didn't even think antonw was posting to this old thing !! LOL Well , you are correct , they all break. Do they all have the problems out of the box I listed earlier ??? Thats a big no. As for ordering from the dealers ... it seems like when you need parts, or when I needed them , they had to go through Redcat. So at that , I should just order direct. As for parts getting broken , I have a problem when a steering arm breaks on a straight run , why ? I don't know I'm just funny that way , I think a part should take a liitle stress , a bump , a hard turn , a little crash , not a few blades of grass. What I'm getting at is , I'm glad you have a good Truck , I really am , but this thing has been a turd since day one. As far as other brands go , My Kyosho ran the whole summer and brokea few suspension parts after I flipped it trying to pass traffic on a busy street. Smart ?? Nope !! Fun ?? At the time .... it was great !! I also stripped a spur gear , but the replacement was steel. As far as the spare car thing ... Chubbysdad told me I should be buying extra parts to keep on hand . Ok , tell me everything that will break , not might and I think I might try that !!

I though this question was about the cost of shipping not my redcat car ??
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM
chubbysuncle

Yeah.. conversations can wander. No cars shouldn't break just toolin around on grass. Definatly not outta the box. Redcat sells a cheap Nitro RC. I imagine Quality control is not to good. I'm sorry about your bad time with the car. I try to keep a set of frt A arms,a spare clutch/shoes & spring and some small metric screws that I picked up at the local hardware store. A spare set of trans gears aren't bad to had around also. With good gear mesh and staying outta the sand they seem to hold up fairly well. Where did your A arm break? Did it break were the long pin goes through at the chassis pivot?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:27 PM
AJsToyz

I actually broke the steering arm. I've got the HPI arms off Ebay for 12.00 , took about two weeks to get them but now I haven't had the chance to get to the hobby shop for the new bearings to change them out. I think I've got most of the bugs worked out now. With a little time , alot of loctite and a few mods it seems to be ok. I spaced the bearings out in the stock clutch bell and got rid of most of the wobble.So far so good, about a 1/2 gallon of fuel and still on the factory gear set. I've got one or two more things to try , then I'll post them , they're just a few cheap fixes. The last problem is my High speed needle ..... it has a mind of its own. As soon as you hit the gas .... its spinning back in leaning it out to far. I've been spending more time with my planes at the moment so the car had been collecting a little dust. Time to take it out for a run !![sm=devious.gif]
Old 06-01-2006, 07:38 PM
chubbysuncle

Ok. givem ell. This is how I fixed a broken a arm. Still have it as a spare.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16317.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	470131  
Old 06-02-2006, 12:05 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: shlo25

i honestly dont know y some people have hard time with their cars because ive been reading on this forum bad things and good things and i must tell u ive done some research before i purchased my volcano and i found out that no matter what brand u will get they are all the same
That's absolutely true. if it's your first nitro, it doesn't matter if it's a Redcat, Traxxas, Losi, HPI, or whatever, you're going to have the same problems no matter what.

I have noticed, however, that the taper in the sleeve of the VX18 (Maybe the 16 too, I haven't seen it happen on one yet) is a little too severe, and that causes the engine to sieze at TDC.

I'm gonna try to get the powers that be to get a different supplier for engines, but I can't make any promises.

Eric W
Redcat Support
Old 06-02-2006, 04:34 PM
AJsToyz

Anyfix that will get you out again is a good fix !! I like that one !!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:36 PM
AJsToyz

I think if they could just get quality control to do a bit better the car would be fine. A little to hit and miss over all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.