Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Transmission Shafts (Dogbones)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Fltlander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Shafts (Dogbones)

My first post so bare with me....My son and I both have a Tornado XP.Yep I smashed it up a couple of times...Ya know had to replace Door Mounts and Steering Arm,Transmission Shafts (Dogbone)the first time....Took them out yesterday after I took out the cone inside the exhaust just to see if it would make a difference....Well with the weather conditions (rainy and windy) and got it tuned right on the dime....it was faster than....Well it was really fast...Well until the cement pole jumped out in front of it and took out the right front lower arm and bent the Transmission Shaft (Dogbone)(pic below). I replaced my Dogbones with (2) HPI #72072 DOGBONE 6x83mm (1pc)(NITRO RS4 MT-CENTER FRONT). I just happened to find these by accident at my lhd. I know they aren't the same as what should be used...but hey they work. They're thicker than stock and alittle bit expensive $5.00 for one.I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what other compatible dogbones there that will fit the Tornado because $10.00 for a set of these...Well you get the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31267.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	453860  
Old 05-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Connormon

Default RE: Transmission Shafts (Dogbones)

Im sure either www.topspeedtoys.com carries one or www.redcatracing.com. The only thing then is that you have to pay for shipping. So the prices might come pretty close. And if the savage ones fit and are thicker, it might be better to either stick with them.

Also you said takeing the cone out of the exhaust worked well? Just curios.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Fltlander

Default RE: Transmission Shafts (Dogbones)

After removing the cone and fine tuning it alittle cause of the weather...I never got it full throttle...about 1/4 to 1/2 and it was screamin' fast. Waiting for the Lower arms to come in so I can take it out again. You can take it out and tweak alittle because of the free flow and see what happens...You can always put it back in.