Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

glow plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Trav 09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow plug

i have a himoto syclone and i just bought a o donnel glow plug and i drove it for about 5 munutes and it was toast it wouldnt glow anymore i even tried a mc coy glow plug same thing does any one no why it is doing this
also does any one no the original glow plug that it comes with and if so where could i get one .... thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 03:47 PM
DiTi

Default RE: glow plug

maybe it is not the glow plug itself but the ignitor; are you sure you charged it right? the usually need many hours(~15) to charge the first time....
Old 05-06-2006, 06:00 PM
blackdogafd

ORIGINAL: DiTi

maybe it is not the glow plug itself but the ignitor; are you sure you charged it right? the usually need many hours(~15) to charge the first time....
yeah i would deffinently check your glo starter, make sure it has a complete charge, i charged mine all night before the first time i used mine
Old 05-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Trav 09

i use a d ignitor and my buddy uses it and his glow plugs dont die but i use it in my car and they just die
Old 05-06-2006, 07:19 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they meant is that you should make sure your ignitor is fully charged or you have a new battery in order to make sure the plug is good or bad. You are probably running your car t0o lean or too rich and it fouling or burning up your glow plug. Check the running temp of the engine and make sure you have smoke coming out from idle to full speed.