Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Replacing Shocks/Gas Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Connormon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Shocks/Gas Tank

I was first wondering how to remove the gas tank, as well as the shocks. For the shocks do you just unscrew those allen screws, then do they just pop right off?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 03:31 PM
mjwest19

Default RE: Replacing Shocks/Gas Tank

to remove the fuel tank you need to take the screws out of the upper plate and handle rod then remove the fuel lines and the upper plate and tank should lift off then take the two screws out of the tank and remove the tank from the plate. and to remove the shocks take the allen screws out of the shockproof board and the small allen screw out if the lower a arm and this should remove the shock
Old 05-07-2006, 07:19 PM
DiTi

Default RE: Replacing Shocks/Gas Tank

the problem with popping the shocks out of that ball thing, and then clipping them back in (then back of and so on) is that the plastic ring becomes loose and then the shocks start popping of realy easy (at landings, over a hole etc.)

I dont know what you are up to, I just thought I'd share this info (I read it somewhere)