Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

My New Volcano STX

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Volcano STX

Well I got my new Volcano yesterday!. Checkout the clutch placement post for my first few moments. I did the break in as directed here on the forum. THANKS ALL! Ran two or three tanks thru on blocks @ idle or just enough to stay running. Kept an eye on the crank postion during cooldown. So far I've run about a quart of fuel thru and starting to really run it!. The clutch spring broke on tank # 6. I did the quick fix @ work that I learned here( Thanks again) and rebent the spring end. What a #@$^ to get that hooked back together!!![:@]. Ran 2 more tanks & it broke again. I fixed it again and so far so good. I do notice that it lags a little with a tighter spring. I've got a spare clutch with spring for the buggy but I'm gonna see how long I can get from this one. May go buy a Traxxas spring. It's been running Great otherwise. No starting problems and it'll actually idle for a while not like the buggy. This thing is rockin![8D] gears are looking good so far too. I've seen all the problem posts and just couldn't help posting some good stuff. Hey I wanna thank you all for helping out us new guys! HHMM...I wonder how much a 55gal drum of nitro costs these days..............................................
Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My New Volcano STX

It's been 5 more tanks of fuel on last clutch spring repair. Only 1 problem with a leaky rear shock. We did trash a rear differential bearing on the buggy though. Time to get the wallet out!