Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW!!!!!Step Son blew my crank shaft!!!!

It was fun though!!!! Truck was running great too. He had his Stampede and wound up losing the rear wheel nut...couldn't find it. My buddy had his Monster GT out there and wound up locking his crank case up...wound up being a retainer pin that had slipped out. The Volcano was the only one left standing. Felt bad for my step son so I crank up the Volcano and let him go to town with it. About 2 minutes into some very stressful freestyling we all heard a "TINK!!!!" and then silence. Also noticed that a fuel line had popped off and thought the problem was solved.......until we noticed all the back and forth play of the fly wheel. After Mike tore the engine down that's when he noticed the end of the crankshaft broken off. Well, either I'm gonna get another crank shaft or just replace the whole engine. I'll probably get a better engine for it but who knows??? I'm all open for some advice here!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WOW!!!!!Step Son blew my crank shaft!!!!

I just broke my crankshaft a week ago. Major bummer! I called Redcat and their solution was to buy a new engine because they don't have parts for it. I was looking on eBay for a better engine until Popper252 saved the day. He has an engine with a broken piston and is sending me the crankshaft from it. Sweet! Unless you can get a deal like that, I like the better engine idea.
    Air: Hangar 9 .45 P-51, CMP 73\" P-40, GWS P-51, Omei Glider
    Land: Raidentech 1/10 Nitro Buggy, Mini RS4, 4 TT-01\'s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey man.....that's cool of Popper to do that for you. My friend says I should be able to replace the crankshaft but I've had a hard time finding one so I'm probably just gonna get another engine for it. I'll probably just go with another Taiwan .18 engine because it seemed like it was pretty good once it was all tuned in........and I haven't heard of too many crankshafts being broken on it either. Other than you and I of course.

BUT IF ANYONE CAN SUGGEST ANOTHER ENGINE THAT WOULD FIT THE VOLCANO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....I'M INTERESTED IN THE POSSIBILITY OF AN UPGRADE IN THE ENGINE DEPARTMENT!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can buy parts for the engine ive posted a web site that ive found that carry parts for them on the truck forum just theother day look it up

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just found and bought a Hot Bodies crankshaft on Ebay. Says it's for .18 engine....had a list of compatable models but Redcat wasn't listed. But I took a chance anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If mine goes , I might go cheap and see if a K&B .18 will fit this thing. You can find them on Ebay for 30.00 - 40.00 bucks , and you can get parts for them.
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm, the title of this thread's a little creepy....
    Shameless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol!! thats kinda funny!!!
    ORIGINAL: shamelessbill

Hmm, the title of this thread's a little creepy....
    Team Evolution R/C Racing
    ~REDCAT RACING DEALER~
    \"if you havent broken anything your not running hard enough\"