Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

LIGHTNING VX

Old 06-16-2006, 05:05 PM
nitrosteve22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIGHTNING VX

Probably wouldnt be that hard to stuff a .27 in to the Lightning. Drill some holes to move the center diff up however far ya need,mix and match different sized dogbones to connect the front and rear diff. Finding parts that'll hold that kinda power that fit properly will be a challenge. Rig up a center brace for the front and remove the plastic top to relocate the gas tank or just cut it up to fit. Or remove the radiobox and top plate,bust out a drill and make room for a 1/8th buggy center diff w/ brake setup and use some Maxx throttle servo posts to mount up a throttle/brake servo mount and just zip tie or rig up your reciever/batteries to the chassis and off ya go. I've often thought of what my Tornado would do with a big block....
Old 06-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Team Knowitall

Actually my plan is to use a single speed Tornado that we have that was trashed as a basis...you'll see it monday
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Gotalightningvx

so eric it MONDAY!!!! wheres the car you said you would have a mock up done today.............. so where is it!!!!!!!!!!![sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Team Knowitall

Ugh, it's friggin monday man, what can I say...you saw what happened in here...and if not you're way better off!

I've got some dremeling to do to the chassis and a few other bits and pieces before it's presentable...I thought I could have it all mocked up today...but it just wasn't in the cards. I'll try to get some work done on it tonight

Until then...where are the pics of YOU guys' lightnings? Cmon, don't be stingy!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Gotalightningvx

i understand in all ... and the only reason i havent posted a pic of my car is cause i dont have a digital camera at the moment[&o]
Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 AM
dbobo101

Whats up guys... lol sorry i have been gone so long, just gona give you a update on the project.. well i nixed the 2.5 and gave it to a friend that blew his 2.5, on to better things my car is doing super i recetly moved up to 20% fuel i did not see much diffrence but oh well who cares i moved to aloy wheels let me make some thing clear thay are the best investment i have ever made on it, thay arfe hevy but not to much, on a diffrent note, i need stiffer shocks on the back
anyone got any ideas ? also where are the aloy parts for the lighting that was promised, and how is the .27 project going ? lol
anyone out there that is thinking about geting a lighting i hily recamend it in fact if you get anyone elses ur a dumbass
i will upload pics of my car later in the week good luck to everyone and Happy raceing !!!! Redcat ftw!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Team Knowitall

I have to get down to my LHS and borrow their mill to make a new engine mount, and i'm gonna have to find a header that'll fit the engine without having to go THROUGH the shock tower.

Yes, my LHS has a mill, and yes, my LHS is the coolest LHS ever
Old 07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Popper252

Hey to stiffen up your shocks, rather than buying a new set, just swap out the oil you have in there now with some 45 or 50 wt shock oil. You can get the stuff at your lhs for pretty cheap and it makes a huge difference in your shocks performance.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
chubbysuncle

bump