Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Front Steering servo out of wack!! HELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Front Steering servo out of wack!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:25 PM
snyp7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Steering servo out of wack!! HELP!!

Hey guyz I was just breaking in my motor today and the car accidentally went into a little clothes line pole in my yard today but it was only going about 2-4 mph and then after that the tires only faced one way and the steering wheel did not turn the wheels back to being straight. I tried the st. trim but that didn't work either. Now after I shut it off then turned it on, the steering control servo I think it's called goes all crazy and wont straighten out. Nothing is broken from what I can see. I compared it to another truck I have of the same model and everythings the same. Any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Connormon

Default RE: Front Steering servo out of wack!! HELP!!

Well make sure your batterys are NEW (not just some you found in a drawer), and then, Look at "Steering A" This could stop steering. But if you said nothin was broken then..well that wouldnt be the problem. Check the batterys in your radio as well. If this doesnt work post it up.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Popper252

Sometime i have a problem with my dogbones coming out of my axle if the wheel gets turned to much. You may want to check that those are in place. If everything looks like it's free moving then you may have broken some gears in the servo itself. If that's the case it's no big deal. Go get yourself a new futaba s3003 servo for about 11 or 12 bucks. It's a lot stronger than the stock servo and it plugs right in its place.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:11 AM
snyp7

Thanks guys I'm gonna go to the hobby shop today and get some parts to have in stock and see if I can get this problem fixed.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:42 PM
snyp7

I went and turned on my truck and got her running to finish breaking her in and I must say the engine is running very nicely. I guess I did a good job for my first gas powered truck. Anyway I replaced the batteries and the servo wasn't acting up anymore but when I'm driving the truck it doesn't want to stay straight. I tried adjusting the st. trim and get it centered but then when I'm driving and as soon as I turn left or right and then hit the brake the wheels dont go back to center after putting the steering wheel to the neutral postion. The wheels turn left and right fine but when there centered one wheel looks a little off on the front. I just don't understand why the wheels wont center themselves. I go full throttle and I can't keep it straight. Before I launch I have to adjust the st. trim every time and it just gets really annoying to have to do this and then turn left or right and the wheels stay in that position after each braking. Any suggestions. I didn't get to go to the hobby shop today or I would of asked him cuz he's been in the rc scene for over 20 years and seems to know his stuff. You guyz seem to know more.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Popper252

Yup in your case you're going to have to adjust each tire individually. Pick up your trucks front end and turn the wheel on your radio in one direction and then let go. See where the wheels center on it. If one of the tires don't center adjust your steering trim until one of them do. Which ever one is pointed straight will be the one you don't touch. Then with the tire that is pointed the wrong direction you'll have to get a wrench out and turn the turnbuckle in or out depending on which way it's facing. In the picture it's the bottom turnbuckle. The top one adjusts how much your tire leans.

Let us know if that helps.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80232.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	464593  
Old 05-21-2006, 03:31 PM
chubbysuncle

Hey Popper It's time for TIRES!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Popper252

Haha yeah i know, i just bought a new set. Those are officially my "on-road" tires from now on.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:14 PM
snyp7

Thanks alot guyz Im gonna go do that now, I thought it was my servo or transmitter so I just ordered the Futaba Ph with 2 new servos but I guess it will be a good upgrade anyway though.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:52 PM
jackkpl

one thing to servo not coming back. If you thighten upperplate screws too much servo will have trouble turning wheels. It should take like 0,5 sec with wheels in the air to get from max left to max right position (at least mine does this).
Old 05-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Popper252

It takes mine .48 seconds. I think something may be wrong with yours jack. Get that checked out.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 AM
jackkpl

dont laugh at me, 0,5 sec is just approximately. My mate tightened screws so much that his steering servo took like 2 seconds to go from one side to another with wheels in the air. Imagine what happened while driving , he had to think in 5 sec advance to make a turn .
Old 01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
TNIGS

can you use the futaba s3003 servo with the stock radio setup?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes