Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:09 PM
damb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Hello guys, well i bought a volcano stx on ebay and today i was trying to start the car but it won't start and i don't know what's wrong with it, the glow is charged, everything looks good, so i don't know if someone can help me. THANKS
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Connormon

Default RE: Help!!!!

make sure there is fuel in the fuel line. To ensure that your glow plug is charged, take your large cross wrench out and remove the glow PLUG, then press the tip of the glow plug into the glow ignitor. If you glow ignitor/stick is working the coil inside the glow plug (on the bottom) should light up bright orage/red. Also Are you able to pull the pull start?

If there is no fuel in the line you can either detach the line from the carb (where it attaches on the engine) and siphone or suck on the line and when the fuel gets about an inch from your mouth, pinch it and place it back on the carb. Pull it a few times and it should start making a sound which is noticable and will tell you that fuel is going into the engine. Also try placing a few drops of fuel into the carb. To do this remove your air filter and using your fuel bottle just drop 2-3 drops into the carb, pull the pull start up a little and the fuel should dissapear.

If you cant move your pull start post it up and i will tell you another option.

If any of these things dont work post it up, and ill think of what else is happening.

Welcome to the nitro world, as well as these forums.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Popper252

Another way to get the fuel into the lines is to remove the line from the muffler and blow into that. That way you don't risk sucking in a bunch of nitro. Trust me, the stuff doesn't taste very good [:'(]

Also check to make sure that all your needles are in the right spot. They usually come set correctly straight from the factory but double check just to make sure. Check out this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm]THREAD[/link] scroll about half way down and I have a post with a picture that'll tell you how to have everything adjusted. And like connormon said if nothing works let us know and we'll try our best to help ya out.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Connormon

I ment to put that exhaust thing. And why take the line off when you can just blow right into the muffler. Worked for me. Probably takes a little more huffing though. And once the car's been run the taste of the exhaust is not satisfying. And as popper said, "this stuff doesnt taste very good" is most definetly correct. Although somtimes it tasted like cotton candy with some added nitro ingredient in it.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Popper252

Lol what? Cotton candy? Tastes kinda minty to me.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Connormon

Minty cotton candy, MmmMmmM Yummy.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Popper252

Haha, I'm gonna go take a swig of the stuff right now. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
chubbysuncle

You'll Go BLIND![8D] All you gotta do is put your finger over the exhust and pull one or two times with the glow ignitor off. This forces all the pressure into the tank to prime. Methanol is bad pioson don't get it in your mouth or skin for that matter.
OOHH pull the fuel line off the carb.you should get fuel outta the line if it's primed. Bee careful not to flood the engine. If the pullstsrt gets hsrd to pull STOP! remove the glow plug and pull the starter to clear out the fuel in the cylinder. If you don't you'll be buying a new pull start or worse a new engine![X(]
Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Connormon

Howd it taste popper? Minty? Cotton Candy like? Or just plain horrible?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Popper252

Still minty, although now i can hardly see... everythings so dark... and my skin burns for some reason. Oh well tomorrows a new day.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:19 AM
cartronicshn

ha ha ha, that was downright funny, but chubbysuncle is also right.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
jackkpl

methanol is lethal in a bit larger amount, one drop won't do harm (wiki says 8-14 grams will cause blindness , 60-100 death). My pull start is not tight enough to pull fuel by itself , so i use blow-in-exhaust-pipe technique.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
damb

ok guys i finally got the car runing , i follow all that you told me to do and now is working, but i don't know if is normal but i had to pull like 6 times to turn in on, sorry i'm new at all this nitro world, and now i have steering problems, the car turns more to one side and it won't go straigt, i don't know why?? [sm=tired.gif] i changed the stock radio system, now i'm using the futaba T2PH if that helps. thanks for all you help.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
damb

Old 05-23-2006, 04:45 PM
nicacus

have you checked the toe and the caster alignment on the front wheels? mine were all screwed up when I got mine, I used my protractor to get them how I wanted them.. made a world of difference.. goes straight like an arrow now..
Old 05-23-2006, 04:48 PM
damb

ok thanks i will try that thanks,
Old 05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
nicacus

here is a pic of what I mean...
I am sure popper has a picture of the linkage and what it does...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
damb

hey thanks for that pic, great help
Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Popper252

Haha you know I love my camera.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
nicacus

lol.. ya I wish I could find mine [&o]
so i set my camber as negative as I could on all four wheels.... I wouldn't recommend it for driving in a straight line... maybe if you are trying to show off to the neighborhood kids...
it makes the car feel like it is really !QUOT!light!QUOT! even when you are going slow.. I could get it to spin a donut on three tires with the alignment like that.. it was neat.. seemed to be easier on the tires too... probably because less than 1/8 of them was touching the ground when it turned..
Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
damb

ok i will try the negative camber, but know i have another question maybe dumb but i want to make sure, today i went to buy some after run oil and they didn't have any left so the guy that works at the hobby shop told me that the oil filter and the after run oil are the same so i want to know if it's true or not. THANKS
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
nicacus

I dont know if you want to try it like that... unless you want to be spinning every where... it isnt stable at highspeeds at all... but it depends on how you like it more than anything...
as for after run oil I have no idea.. I have never used it.. .
I use veggie oil or cooking spray for air filter oil... works fine, and it is mad cheap
Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 PM
damb

but u use the veggie oil or cooking spray for after run oil as well sorry for all the questions THANKS>[8D]
Old 05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
nicacus

from what I have found you can use wd-40 or a number of other things..

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-33946.html]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-33946.html[/link]
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 PM
nicacus

this one has some more info too... [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3756245/tm.htm] http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3756245/tm.htm[/link]
you can find rislone at wal-mart same with marvel mystery oil
under 4 bucks usually..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.