Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tunning engine

I had read somewhere here about engine tunning. The thing that im looking for is about if you pinch the fuel line and the engine revs a little bit (revs almost nothing)and then dies about 5 to 6 second lateris it lean or rich or the other way around if it revs alot for about 5 second and then dies(lean or rich). Im tunning a new engine the max temp that the engine gets its 210. sometimes if I give full speed it dies? rich or lean. It has a good smoke trail. I have driven it for 2 tanks for about 3 min. at a time and in idle its spits drops of fuel/oil but it doesnt smoke. good or bad. thanks for youre help. Oh bythe way the engine is a axe motor rossi speed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: tunning engine

Go here. Very good tunning guide[link]http://dads-toy.com/tuning.shtml[/link]
    *REDNECK RACING SUPPORT* If it ain\'t broke you didn\'t have fun! Savage X,Volcano,Tornado XP.
    www.clermontmotorsports.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi,
    im wondering if you guys could help me. i got a hurricane xp and i cant get it tuned right. no matter what i do it keeps overheating about 260-290 ive tried richening the fuel but it doesnt work.....i put about 6 tanks thought trying to tune it but no luck......can someone tell me what im doing wrong, it would be greatly apericiated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

260s not bad i mean i usuall run mine between 250 -270 but the 290 a little high at least for my taste
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats what imm thinking .....in the one case it got to 302 and i shut it down.....................this worries me that the temp will just keep climbing and burn up the motor. anyone have any sugestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, I've seen in some of the other threads on here, That porting and changing pipe are both highly recommended to increase performance...I found an article on the Engine thread where they were talking about porting the sleeve, opening it up, notching the back of it, scooping the crank, skirting the piston, knife edging the con-rod and stuff like that. When I used to race 2 stroke dirt bikes, we used to do some of these and window the piston. However the posts were mostly talking about a kyosho ultima .12 and an OS .12. Can we do these things with our engines? Will they be of any benefit? I've got to tear mine down again to re-seal it and put a new carb on it anyway, I was thinking of trying this stuff out while I was at it...Any thoughts or comments? Here's a link to that thread...
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_26..._1/key_/tm.htm
    Oh yeah, when I port and polish a car, we match the opening on the intake and header's with the ports on the head (or vice versa)...I know these work differently as the gasses don't pass through the head, but is it the same thing???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The dads-toy link does not work. Can someone give some tuning instructions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just wrote a post on this exact problem. It is for the vx 18. Not that there are any answers for the problem as of yet but there are ideas to check over. Its under the heading of vx.18 over heating problems!
    The one with the most toys wins. I think I may have a good chance of winning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I kinda doubt that the guy back in september 2006 is even reading this post any more
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more