Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

throttle gear

my big throttle gear stript out after 3 tanks of fuel during break in i dodnt even go over half on the throttle!!! are these gears garbage or what. any body have ideas for replacement? or do i have to replace it with another cheap gear that will do the same thing in another 2 hours

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: throttle gear

all you can do for the moment is replace it with another cheap gear 'cause its all there is right now. But. you can adjust the position of the engine better so that the clutch bell is not too clos neither too far from the central gear. It is normal for those gears to strip after awhile but not that soon. the reason why yours stripped is probably the alignment. search the threads, you will find alot of info about this issue...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lightningvx

plase use the search button it seems like everything you ask has already been answered once or twice man come on
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Or like I suggested before, just keep on adding to one thread. Don't start a completely new one. It just makes things harder to find later.
    Tornado Xp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

forums are for posting are they not? im kinda stressed over the car i just bought because nothings been right on it. when i got in i had no manuel for the car or the transmitter and the crystals were both receiver crystals and they were two seperate frequency's i mean come on my redcat experience hasnt been a good 1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well we all know what you are goin through but like popper suggested try a thred thats already runnin man i mean we have all been through this stuff at least once befroe so we are willing to help you out it just makes it easier in the long run if there isnt 200 posts to look through ya get what i mean as for gears junk but you otta hang in there and just make sure they are aligned properly good luck
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where can i find the cheapest parts for redcat?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clermont Motorsports

Affordable, Knowledgable and willing to help.
    ------VOLCANO STX--------
    -------HURRINCANE XP-------

Yep, It\'s broked... where\'s that tool again?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

definatly clermont really great service and excelent shipping

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is there any difference in the aluminum exhaust compared to the plastic besides the obvious, i mean like performance wise and are there other upgrades besides the few redcat sells i could get for the car while i order new gears

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im not 100 % sure if the exaust are the same on to .16 and the .18 engines but i put a tuned header and also took the baffle out of my muffler and got a pretty noticeable power increase[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001175464&I=LXBTB5&P=K[/link]
    here is the link for the header

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i put aluminum from redcat on and no noticable difference other than look
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

clermontmotorsports.com is the best place to get parts for sure!!! You really have to watch the gear meshing with these, when you get it right, use the blue locklite on all the screws since they seem to come loose real easy. you need to go over these vehicles before you try them, make sure all the screws are tight, as far as your crystal i would call redcat and i am sure they will take care of it for you. good luck bro and dont worry its really part of the hobby, no matter what car or how much you spend, i got over 20 tanks before my volcano stripped a gear.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

when you replace the gear check to see if the clutch bell gears are worn out to this seems to be most of the problem. I suggest replacing it with steel clutch parts. I can run over a gallon of fuel before plastic gears are worn out. and clutch gears are fine. look under more striped gears for parts and numbers you can use any number of gear sizes.
    the hawg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I feel for you, lightningvx. I got my first nitro truck a few months ago. I broke it in, ran it about 3 times, ran into a tree and busted the right wheel hub and lost the dog bone (driveshaft). I was down for a couple of weeks until I could get the proper parts to fix it. I was able to fix it using a combination of the sellers website and our local hobby shop. I just bought my second truck (identical to my first, for my son) a week ago. I cranked it up, broke it in and tried to run it slowly around the yard. It would not move. I found out that the clutch bell gear chewed the spur gear up. This was before I ever moved it. So as you can see, the same thing happened to me. I have downloaded several user manuals for different trucks and none of them say to check and realign the gears. But all of the veterans tell you to. I found out the hard way just like you did. Chalk it up to experience. I have since found this site and can tell you that if you run into any problem, someone here has experienced it and there is a thread for it. I do not have a RedCat truck. I went on the cheap and bought another one. I found out who the manufacturer was and doing internet searches, also found out that my truck chassis is identical to RedCat's Volcano STX. I now order most of parts through RedCat. Their prices are reasonable and their shipping is not bad. Now I have found another site to check out, Clermont. Hang in there. This is not a cheap hobby, you will soon find out.

ORIGINAL: lightningvx

forums are for posting are they not?
    Yes, they are. If you wish to use the search, go right ahead. Posting your questions in a new thread is just fine too.
    ~Reiko~

My truck will run. I have foreseen it. It is my DENSITY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Reiko, You did the same thing I did. Responded to a post that's 2 years old.

Wow, I didn't even notice that with my first post.

Oh well, disregard [&:]
    ~Reiko~

My truck will run. I have foreseen it. It is my DENSITY.