Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Beating Day!! Now with Vids!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:53 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beating Day!! Now with Vids!

My son and I took the trucks out for a beating today . I tried to break something on the Savage but the only thing I broke was the ramp! My son was keeping up with things and getting some pretty decent air with his Volcano. He's even short 1 shock in the rear! He finally managed to bust a rear c hub jumping about 4' in the air and landing on 1 tire. He also tore up every gear in the trans except 1. They were getting pretty beat anyway 1st set after too many tanks to count! The Savage got a little roadrash sliding about 20' on it's roof across the school driveway after a 10' jump. The ramp got strattled by the Savage and the truck tried to drive thru it! I gotta get a good video person to catch the action! What a day!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57952.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	467844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33584.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	467845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59607.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	467846  
Old 05-28-2006, 11:11 PM
blackdogafd

Default RE: Beating Day!!

nice job man thats the way to have fun!!!!! I've busted plenty of stuff on my himoto syclone. thats the fun part!!!! good luck with everything keep the pics coming too
Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

breakage is the best excuse to upgrade

I got a volcano sittin here callin my name, LOL...
Old 06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beating Day !! This is a post to read no matter what !! LOL Looks like you guys had a great day !! [>:]
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 PM
chubbysuncle

Thanks Guys! That's why I got'em. Since I now found out that Thunderbird is a Redcat dude take a look at that spur gear in the pic. We,ve run that gear thru a gallon of fuel. I never touched the engine after the initial gear mesh. The teeth are gone from only 1 side of the gear?! I will tell you one thing. I've beat the living h%*& outta that Savage and the only thing I've managed to beat up is the body. My son is having very good times with the Volcano. We got the aluminum shocks( upgrade TBJ) and the Aluminum pipe() and it handles better now and it's quieter with the new pipe. I'm on the same clutchbell and 2nd spring. Oh 2nd set of gears. When I get some good video I'll post it on youtube for you all to check out. You gatta see it to believe it!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:42 AM
chubbysuncle

[link]http://media.putfile.com/Joshs-Volcano[/link] I just uploaded a small vid I took of my son and his Volcano. It took some good hits in this in this area but nothing broke. He busted the rear C hub in the backyard later. Sorry no sound and you'll need Quicktime to view it.

The Savage is here[link]http://media.putfile.com/Savage-Jump-17[/link]
Old 06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
chubbysuncle

Here's the big ramp I made later that day. I did manage to pull off a couple of backflips until the ramp broke. I don't think the Volcano would like this ramp. [link]http://media.putfile.com/The-Big-Jump[/link] Whoo Hoo!!!

Just see all my crumby vids at [link]http://www.putfile.com/uncgreg[/link] There is NO sound cause my digi cam doesn't do that. They're mostly my son and I beating on our trucks. Thanks.. Enjoy
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 AM
bluecaka69

Default RE: Beating Day!! Now with Vids!

chubbysuncle you should also post in video thred here so we can keep track of all redcat vids man
ive got some killer jumps with my tornado on there
check it out
btw nice

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#4212654
Old 06-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: chubbysuncle

Thanks Guys! That's why I got'em. Since I now found out that Thunderbird is a Redcat dude take a look at that spur gear in the pic. We,ve run that gear thru a gallon of fuel. I never touched the engine after the initial gear mesh. The teeth are gone from only 1 side of the gear?! I will tell you one thing. I've beat the living h%*& outta that Savage and the only thing I've managed to beat up is the body. My son is having very good times with the Volcano. We got the aluminum shocks( upgrade TBJ) and the Aluminum pipe() and it handles better now and it's quieter with the new pipe. I'm on the same clutchbell and 2nd spring. Oh 2nd set of gears. When I get some good video I'll post it on youtube for you all to check out. You gatta see it to believe it!
You did a number on that spur, you musta been haulin to take out half the teeth. Unfortunately I can't watch your vids because the computer won't let me download a QT plugin[:@]