Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

exhaust tuning springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
dabo12367

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust tuning springs

Greetings! I just purchased a Hurricane Xp. I bought a tuned exhaust for it, it looks like the factory one except it's black instead of chrome. While I was searching for upgrades for the exhaust I noticed that some (not mine) came with 3 small "tuning springs". Does anyone know what these are used for? [email protected]
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Team Knowitall

Default RE: exhaust tuning springs

Dabo, that's called an "inline" pipe. the spring type coupler is because the manifold slides inside the tuned pipe and is sealed wtih a gasket, instead of being coupled with a tube like most cars.

the inline pipe is called "inline" because it makes sure that the holes are lined up, and the springs are to hold the manifold and pipe together. it's a pain in the butt to work on MHO (my 1/8 buggy and 1/8 MT both have 'em, trust me, I wish I had a normal "coupled" exhaust)
Old 06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
dabo12367

Default RE: exhaust tuning springs

Thanks Eric, I couldn''t figure out what use they had, dabo12367