Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Where Do You Run Your Redcat(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:42 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Do You Run Your Redcat(s)?

Ehroof made a good comment in the new car thread about the same old S--- on the forum.SO..... Does anyone know of any good places to run RC cars? I know Dennis( Chubbysdad) has a nice spot in his yard to run'em. Is that what everyone does? I remember awhile back Chopper was building a track. Any updates? I mostly tear up my yard. I did have a little sandpit area but they put up silt fences for construction. I live in northern NJ near PA and NY. Anyone know any cool gravel pits, bashing areas or RC tracks around? Maybe everyone could post their favorite spot or hook-up for a race at a local track. I dunno...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where Do You Run Your Redcat(s)?

i run my onroad cars at floyd bennett field in brooklyn, off road i go to a park in howard beach near my house, usually other people are there on sundays. Mostly i run them in front of my house on the street. No offroad tracks in the area, there is a new on road track at floyd bennett. to see it go to www.brooklynhobbies.com , there is a link to the new track.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
chubbysuncle

Nice Track. That's Brooklyn!! WOW. I need to get out! I thought the only trees left were in Central Park....Oh wait.....That's right a tree grows in Brooklyn! LOL Yuck Yuck yuck.....
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trees do grow in brooklyn. fugedaboudit, trees on every block.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
DiTi

i run it in a huge gravel parking lot! it is great fun but it is.......flat. I am not eager to jump huge or whatever but I would certainly enjoy some waves or bums if you know what I mean.... I also run it in my back yard and on the street
the bummer is that MA seems to be dead when it comes to RCs....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:32 AM
mozzzy_2000

I think I'm lucky in comparison. Here in West Australia I have a massive park/reserve thats about 1Kmx1Km in size, about 200 metres up from my house. There's a massive car park a few minutes away thats quite possibly the biggest in my city at about 500m2. There's another sporting oval reserve a few minutes away thats quite seriously Kms wide & long. About 4 football fields & about 15 hockey/soccer fields at least. On top of that there are many patches of bush & dirt around & you only need to drive 30mins to get into the bush anyway. Seriously great nitro enviroment especially iwth our climate but despite all this nitro is very low key here. Although having said that, the car park I mentioned is RC central most weekends & is a massively popular spot.
With all that I don;t really need to run it outside my house. And when I do run it on the road, it totally freaks drivers out guaranteed!!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Dirty_J

Big K parking lot at 12am.....keeps the security guards amused.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 AM
cartronicshn

We race at a local go cart track, we have modified the track for our 1/10 cars, also the property is big so we have an inprovised dirt track that we race on for our buggies and trucks
Old 06-07-2006, 11:13 AM
bluecaka69

i run my 3 any where i can since there is only one track close and it blows if you know what i mean so i just go were ever they will go yard road hills behind my house scool parking lot irrigation ditch when dry ill go anywhere i can break something hahahaha
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
chubbysuncle

If you wanna improvise you could make some small jumps/ bumps with heavy cardboard, Real cheep! Small skateboard ramps are great portable jumps. I've seen some really interesting ideas on these forums. Small tracks with dirt covered concrete blocks for jumps. A cheep piece of pegboard($5) is real flexable. Mine measured 2'x4'. A couple of bricks in the middle pegboard on top and 4 tent stakes @ the corners. Instant woop dee doo. Bent way up. Vert ramp! Just don't get it wet.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: chubbysuncle
Small skateboard ramps are great portable jumps.
LOL yeah but come on man, I'm not a good enough driver to hit that narrow ramp every time
Old 06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
chubbysuncle

My Son is!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
tat2d2dope

in my city we have about 10 parks so i go out to parks, and play on the roads.
i also play on the soft ball diamonds, the pictures mound makes a good small ramp.