Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

simple question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:00 PM
KTMatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple question

Sorry,
How long do I or can I charge the igniter batt. for? I didn't charge it long before the first run. I started it about 5 times then drove in circle. Broke the clutch spring fast. Should I try to tune it before I break-it in. It was rolling without throttle. It was starting first pull, then the clutch spring broke and I messed with adjustments and fixed clutch spring. Now I think my igniter died. I just learned how to check it.

Matt from Mass
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
chubbysuncle

Default RE: simple question

Hi Matt. Did this happen on the first tank? You shouldn't start to tune until the 2 or 3rd tank if it runs. Please read the posts in this thread.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm[/link] The Clutch springs are a weakness on the Redcat and Ehroof has posted the better spring for the job many times. Read the posts on the link then ask questions Welcome to the Forum.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:27 PM
KTMatt

Thanks Chubbysuncle, You are a good man. You missed my simple question by all my blabber, about the igniter bat. charge time? Yes, I know about the clutch springs (traxxis)

Thank you, Chubbysdad and Uncle for your help, I can see you don't overlook the little guys. No pun intended

Thanks again, Matt from Mass
Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

traxxas spring 4146x, most rechargable glow ignitors can be or should be charged for 12-15 hrs for the first time, usually less after that. They should last for many starts after a good charging.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:33 PM
chubbysuncle

What charger do you have? Instructions should've come with it. I charge mine overnite and it's good for a couple of days. if you're talking about on the car/truck, then remove it in 2-3 seconds after it starts.
Eddie beat me ....Again Wanna Chat?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 PM
KTMatt

Much thanks to both of you,

Funny thing, I didn't receive any instructions with my starter kit. I don't know how I survived back in the 80's doing this stuff without the web. Electric was easy though.

Thanks, Matt from Mass
Old 06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
chubbysuncle

That's Why we're here.....kinda..We learn too. Read those posts though may save alot of headaches. Learn from our mistakes.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: KTMatt

Electric was easy though.

Thanks, Matt from Mass
Go figure, I think electric is more of a pain in the butt than nitro

yeah, there's a lot of pages of good info...i'd set aside about 36 hours and read through all of it
Old 06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
jackkpl

as for the 100mA charger that you can get with whole package on redcat dealers websites you should charge for 28h (1800mAh igniter capacity and around 66% efficiency of charging process).But actually 100mA is such a low current that it is used as trickle charge for RC batteries and they dont damage the battery if left for too long in a charger. So to sum up charge it for 24-28hrs to reach full capacity or leave it in charger till u need it