Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:24 AM
tat2d2dope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels and tires

i bought a set of wheels and tires for my tornado XP and wanted to know if they are gonna tear any parts (gears) up quickly or not.
and if the tires have to be glued to the wheels.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6065412573&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1]wheels[/link]

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6065602454&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1]tires[/link]

i bought a total of 4 of the wheels cus i had to have all rears.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Popper252

Default RE: wheels and tires

You got a great deal on all that stuff.
You shouldn't have to worry about breaking stuff because it's all the same diameter so it doesn't change your gearing.
The only thing I'd be worried about is that when you mount them on the front wheel they may rub on the steering arm.
You're going to have to glue the tires to the rims, otherwise they're gonna go flying off somewhere, and possibly kill a small animal.
Go buy some medium CA glue from your local hobby shop. I dunno if i'm gonna get crap for this but i think the stuff is baisically the exact same thing as just regular old super glue so if you have a bottle of that laying around you should be able to use that.
Good luck.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Team Knowitall

the tires will be a hair narrow for the wheels, but you won't tear anything up.

You might want to take a razor saw and cut the bead on the inside of the wheel off (if that makes any sense-don't do it if it doesn't make any sense to ya, LOL.)
Old 06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
tat2d2dope

ok eric that dosen't make any sense to me at all.
but it's cool that all this is gonna work, cus those tires and wheels that came on my tornado are
down right ugly and cheap.

popper a friend of mine has a nitro rustler and i took one of his back wheels and tried it on the front of my tornado and it fit fine.
that was my only concern aslo. good lookin out though
Old 06-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Team Knowitall

tat...what I was referring to is basically narrowing the rim if you think it's too wide for the tire.

Back in my day (lol) in the 1/10 electric truck class, a few guys I raced with were running buggy tires on the backs of their trucks (with the truck rims) for some reason or another. To this day I'm not really sure why, but they were doing it, LOL.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
leesmack

what would be a good tire for small rock/fine gravel/pebble . my friend has a course for dirtbikes that said i can ride my car on. i know the ones that came on my car will probally do fine but is there any out there for this type of track.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:02 PM
jguitarsandcars

Eric, we used to run (on the carpet oval) 1/12 scale midnight pumpkin tires on ours with foam inside and home made fiberglass struts to lower it (was a blackfoot before the losi and A/E)...even after the buggy conversions hit the track, we were running good with them...but then again, I had an Aristocraft Kangaroo with a 12L front suspension that was eating up RC10's and JRX2's....
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM
nbluehell

i've got a quick ? for you guys. can i run a set of sand tires on the rear of my buggy without changing the front tires? it would only be for one, maybe two days on soft sand. there is about a half inch difference between the sand tires and my stock tires (hight).
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
leesmack

what about snow tires or ice tires? is is it not a good idea?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:02 PM
jguitarsandcars

blue, 4wd, you want want all OD's of tires to be the same because of the gears...you will either bind, or break something if you don't...Of course you could always disconnect the front drive to do what you want to do...