Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

How Was Your weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Was Your weekend

One of the mods removed my post about what your plans were for the weekend (they are really trying to chase people away if you ask me) so i wanted to see how your weekend went for the 4th. I went upstate ran some cars, plane and boats (all rc). The moderator said my last post had nothing to do with the redcat forum so:

Anyone know what fuel i should use for my volcano???? [:-]
Old 07-04-2006, 08:36 PM
MrCheezeWhizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Was Your weekend

I just got back from seeing fireworks, boy did they suck. We waited in traffic longer than the show lasted, and we ended up parking halfway accross town at some garage.

oh yeah, try using some kerosene in your volcano, that should perk it up, lol jk
Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
chubbysuncle

Hey E the weekend's been OK. I did strip a spur gear today.......on the Savage..LOL No flooding by me but I did goto PA for fireworks and Matamoras got some pretty bad flooding last week. How's upstate? If I were you I'd stay away from Trinity Monster Fuel. it smells like S&%t and runs just the same. Stick with O Donnell fuel either RTR or their Racing fuel.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Connormon

O'donnell for sure.

I missed the fireworks
Old 07-05-2006, 12:15 AM
tat2d2dope

i tore out a new OWB in my savage thie weekend.
i went to our local fireworks show, traffic was hell, everyone knows how that is.
then i blasted away my own $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
and all my friends and family came over to watch and left trash all over my
lawn [>:] so tomorrow before work i'll clean it up.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:25 AM
AJsToyz

Before the thread remover pops up !! whats the week end ?? LOL Worked and still working, I'm thinking about having a weekend at the end of this long week ?? When does this start ??
Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Weekend was great and yesterday was even better. We went up to Hardrock to ride the quads. Nice track they have. Cars didn't get used the quads took over this weekend.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Cas_NitroGT

my weekend is ok... I still havn't fixed my spur gear neither... so I just packed it up because 3 weeks I'm out to utah for a new life... and I'll be stoppin by the redcat factory is AZ once in a while... so yea... and I didn't get to see the fire works.. I got rained outta the fire works 3 times... so I had some bad luck this weekend...
Old 07-06-2006, 04:01 AM
AJsToyz

Thread destroyer never found this thread ???? [&:] Take this U mean old thread eater !! [sm=punching.gif][sm=devious.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=pirate.gif]
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Popper252

lol.
Well my weekend has been awesome. Got off work friday and headed down to orlando to hang out with my family and a couple friends.
Did the typical orlando outlet shopping stuff and hung out with the tourists all day saturday. Also got a chance to go mtn biking in the mud down there.
Took a trip to the beach and got a little sunburnt. Then I got to watch things blow up tuesday night.

On a r/c related note I let my dad drive my buggy around.... man bad Idea... I thought that "don't let your friends drive" rule didn't apply to family members but i was dead wrong. He couldn't figure out the steering at all and he was crashing into things left and right. Finally he jumped the curb and the left front hit a tree mid air and snapped the front steering arm. Atleast we both got a good laugh from the sight of the car limping back to us. Changed out the steering arm and took the car to a baseball field where there were less things to hit and he fared much better.
So yeah all in all a great weekend.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM
sweetbutterfly

The first time we ever let my Dad drive our buggy, he crashed and broke it. We were not mad though. Had a friend broken it, they would be paying to fix it. He doesn't do too badly now. He really likes them. We are planning on getting him either a VOLCANO!!!! or another brand of truck. Probably going with the VOLCANO. Since he really like the green and purple.

Our weekend was not bad. We took the children to 2 different fireworks shows. The older two kids (ages 4 and 2 ) liked them. Our 2 1/2 month old son slept thru them. We are heading to Milwaukee next year though. No one has better!!! I used to go every year as a little girl, but I have not been in several years. I think that Andy and the Kids will love them as much as I did.

This weekend we are having a BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!! Our daughter, Julia, will be turning 2 on Friday!!! Everyone wish her a happy birthday!!! She loves our Nitro Vehicles!!!! Well, actually she didn't like them at first. I had a accident with our buggy and her. I hit her with it going at least 20 mph. Right into her ankles. OUCH!!!!! She hated them for awhile but now she likes them!!!

Well, the mods should not mess with my post. I mentioned Redcat vehicles.

HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS!!!!!

Jennifer
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Team Knowitall

ORIGINAL: ehroof

The moderator said my last post had nothing to do with the redcat forum so:

Anyone know what fuel i should use for my volcano???? [:-]
Just for the record, 'twern't me...but I'd recommend Morgan Sidewinder Race or O'donnell Race, both 20%...the lower oil content allows for a higher methanol content, and methanol is the biggest cooling medium in the fuel.

Course, I'm sure you already know that

Hope everybody had a happy 4th.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
ehroof

it wasnt you, it was planeinsane who removed it.

by the way, thanks for the reccomend on the fuel i will try it out, i was thinking of using sunoco ultra 94 but the odonells sounds like a better bet
Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Popper252

I prefer 87 octane. A good 20 cents cheaper per gallon and I really didn't notice much of a difference using the ultra stuff. Um... so in conclusion... o'donells... yup.

And hey it's nice to hear from ya again Jen. It's nice to see you're still around. HAPPY B-DAY Julia! Too bad you won't be spending it with your parents. I'm reporting them to the authorities for abusing you Man a buggy into the ankle at 20mph! Ouch.... I completely understand why she would hate that thing. haha poor kid.
But anyways take it easy
[8D]
Old 07-06-2006, 11:28 PM
AJsToyz

I'm going to get the Redcat to go as fast as it says !!! I'm going to stuff a little hotter fuel down its throat ![>:] If it runs on 20% it runs good , just does not have enough to really open up second gear. I tried 15% and is almost gutless , that was with half the drive train missing too. I was trying to see if taking the extra load off the engine made a differance. 1/2A Fuel is 25% Nitro and 20% oil , seems to get this car going a little faster. Sooooooooo I'm thinking 35% might get this thing to fly !! I'll just have to be carefull not to get it to hot.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:20 AM
bluecaka69

i heard there was 60% out there give it a try and let us know
Old 07-08-2006, 01:24 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

60% is around...but it's not something I'd recommend.

it'd make crazy power...but not for long. you'd A: hole a piston from detonation, or B: kill your glow plug.

Now you could shim the head...but I don't know of any head shims offhand that'd be compatible with our engines
Old 07-08-2006, 04:52 AM
AJsToyz

Blue , you just want me to buy another car !! LOL I figure for the differance 5% makes we'll just kick it up a notch or two.