Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado xl gears

Old 07-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Popper252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tornado xl gears

Haha life is simple [8D]
Well like ehroof said I guess you should be alright without the pin for now, but when you do end up getting a chance to put one in there I would.
Woo full throttle!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:55 PM
jbauer12

before i start tearing things apart when i bought the moderate gear set it came fully assembled all i had to do was put the brake hardware on. do u think that the pin was already in there. i am holding in my hand right know the pic of the gear shown in popper252 post, but it came in a seperate package. is that the same gear that is in the moderate gear set?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:01 PM
chubbysuncle

If it came fully assembed it shuold be in there. Just run it! Take it easy for a few minutes and keep an eye on the gear mesh. I'd run it with the body off and take a peek at it every few minutes. After the 1st tank if you have no probs then put the body on and let her rip!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:04 PM
jbauer12

haha thanks guys highly appreciate
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM
jbauer12

this message is to the following-chubbysuncle-chubbysdad-popper252-ehroof
thankyou for all your tips the xl runs great. i went off and bought some bigger tires and rims added the 40 wieght oil to the shocks tuned it the way u guys told me to and i was running for about 4 hrs last night at the bike track. the wheels made a huge difference in landing and in climbing. and the best part of all i met 5 new guys at the track that had nitro cars so i was bombing around with them as well.
the only thing is when u let it sit by itself for about 5-10 seconds it shuts down but will start right back up again. and the set screw on the moderate gear set, i closed it all the way and i noticed the car was not really going as fast as it should so i took it easy let it warm up then i brought the screw out about 2 full turns and it made a difference in speed but did not shift. how many turns should that be out and what screw should i adjust to make it not stall when idleing.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:58 AM
chubbysuncle

Nitro engines don't like to idle. You can mess around with the LSN alittle to see if you can make it idle a little longer. As far as the second gear shifting, you are loosening the right screw? You can set the screw to just below the top of the hole. I would put blue locktite on it so it doesn't fall out though. The little arm that pops out to engage the gear may be stuck too. Getting consistant shifts with this setup can be kinda hit or miss. Try blowing out any crud around the 2nd gear clutch.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:21 PM
jbauer12

i am trying to stay away from takeing everything apart only because the buggy runs soooo good right know. but i am hopeing i ccan get a couple of drops of locktite in thru the little peep hole and i am def goin to bring that screw up some more, it is not even close to the top. also i really wasnt running the buggy full throttle because all i was doin was jumping so i cant really tell 4 sure if the 2nd speed is not kicking in