Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Throttle servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Lordmik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle servos

I've gone through one already, now this one's dead. I bought a Team Associated the last time, and it worked pretty good. What other servos will work with the 1/10 buggies? Are they all pretty much the same? Thanks for any advice you can give. They're pretty cheap on ebay.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Popper252

Default RE: Throttle servos

Try the futaba S3003 (11 bucks) servos or the s3010 ($20-25ish) for a stronger version. They'll both fit and they'll do a great job.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Lordmik

Thanks!!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Lordmik

Ok, I'm impatient as far as waiting for parts. I ordered a servo already, but, is there any way to fix these things? It works sometimes. If I tap on it with a screwdriver it will work for a few seconds, then it quits. as long as I tap on it, it keeps on moving. Do you think if I took it out and took it apart I could find what's wrong with it? I'm pretty mechanically inclined (I'm a auto technician). Just wondered if anyone else has been inside these things so I might know what to look for. To me it seems like it's a loose connection, but having never torn one down, I really don't know what to even look for.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Lordmik

I know, I'm beating my own thread to death, but I took that baby apart as far as I could, and didn't see anything loose in there. I couldn't get the motor and the board out of it, but I'm pretty sure it's an open wire in the winding of the motor, so I can't fix it. It was worth a shot. For now all I can do is idle around, and that's not much fun. [&o]
Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you sure its the servo and not the reciever where it plugs in? why would both servos go bad? are there any gears stripped? Maybe the servo saver is too tight.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Popper252

Ideling is a great time, what are you talking about

The board and motor are probably held into there by some hot glue or a screw. I've never taken apart my servo to the point where I saw the engine so I guess I really don't know. If it were just a loose wire a quick soldering job would fix it right up.

You could have also gotten those servos at the hobby shop so you wouldn't have to wait. They run the same price anywhere you get them.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Lordmik

No, it's for sure the servo. I switch the two where it plugs in and can steer with my trigger, but no throttle, so I'm sure it's the servo. I don't get them at a local hobby because that's over an hour away, and I just don't have the time to do it. So I shop ebay.