Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado xp pullstring problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
defiantstench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado xp pullstring problem

I can't be the only one having this problem, but my pullstring keeps coming untied. I don't mean breaking, but untying. I had two brand new ones do this and have fixed them many, many times. I am sure that it's the heat from the engine causing it. Is there another manufacturer that has better pricing and quality to fit the engine? If so, please help me out
Old 07-26-2006, 03:30 PM
martinjhndvs

Default RE: tornado xp pullstring problem

I actually gave up on their pull strings completely I made a post and I am waiting to see if anyone could tell me an after market electric start that will work for a Lighting VX. But did you notice the "start gun" on the redcat webpage? The picture doens't work, but that may be what we are looking for!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
chubbysuncle

I've never had a pullstart break yet on 3 different machines. If you think the engine is too hot then you're running WAY too lean. very short quik pulls with the wrist is all it should take. The Volcano starts in 2-3 pulls after priming. Check out this if you wanna get a tiger drive[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4068240/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link]
Old 07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Connormon

Here are a few starting mechanisms i can name off the top of my head. I dont reccomend the tiger drive...I would prefer the roto start. Its worth the money.

Roto Start - Buy off topspeedtoys.com | Price is about 50 dollars with 7.2v battery included and not including a charger | It works by putting a back plate where your pullstart once was. Then you have a handle with a special bit on it that fits into the hole on the backplate which is on the engine. You just simply press a button and the roto start handle starts turning the bit at some pretty high speeds. It starts the car up within seconds. |MOST RECCOMENDED|

Tiger Drive - can be found at sullivan.com for part number. | Can be bought on ebay for about 15$, then you must by 10$ bit | problem: Gears have a tendancy to strip on the mechanism. | Works much like the roto start only not as reliable. Has same type of start only you use a electric drill. |Not reccomended|

Starter Box - Can be found at almost all lhs or ebay| Purchased for about 40-100(most likely there are more expensive ones depending on the box.| You set your car onto this box, which has a spinning gear. The spinning gear spins the gear in your car and just zips ir right up. | Easy to use | |Must have some sort of battery source| |Heavy to cary around| | HIGHLY NOT RECCOMENDED FOR BACKYARD BASHING|
Old 07-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Popper252

there is also the hpi rotostart unit.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFET0&P=ML

or for the upgraded version:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMVE0&P=7

The only problem with those is that you need to buy a 7.2v battery and charger which could end up getting expensive.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Connormon

Popper i think you accidentaly put the same link twice. The difference between the two is: The upgraded one has a clip for the shaft to be stored to, and it has a circuit board to prevent overloading and a cover on the button so you dont accidentaly start it.

The upgraded roto start link:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMVE0&P=ML
Old 07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Popper252

Oh thanks for catching my error man. I'll go ahead and edit that.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Connormon

No problem. [8D]