Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

8 BLACK CLIPS????

Hello,
    I just got my Volcano STX, and am very happy with it so far. But I was wondering what the 8 black clips are for?[sm=confused.gif] 4 of them are taller than the other 4. Im thinking they are to tighten the shocks for a better racing suspention. So any help would be much appretiated. Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 8 BLACK CLIPS????

Yes you are correct. they are spacers for the shocks.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah pulldown the shock(spring) and shove it on

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool, thanks for your help. Just to make sure, are the thicker ones for the rear shocks and the thinner ones for the front. Thanks Again!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

however you want to set it up.
    *REDNECK RACING SUPPORT* If it ain\'t broke you didn\'t have fun! Savage X,Volcano,Tornado XP.
    www.clermontmotorsports.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anyone use these black clips for their cars and can you tell a difference ?? also is it smart you put more than one on a shock to raise it up even more or just one?
    1/10th Redcat Tornado XP

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The more of these things you put on, the stiffer the ride and the more you bounce around. I took some of the extra one's from my son's Traxxas starting with the thickest on my HiMoto Syclone because the thing would settle about half travel length when I put it down. This was way too stiff, couldn't keep the wheels on the ground long enough to control it. I switched out to the medium ones which just start to settle a hair and it's still a little stiffer than I like handling wise, but I have been running on our gravel driveway, so I keep it for the ground clearance for now...I might try one of the thinner two to see if I can find a happy medium. I'm also messing with different shock weights...I might stiffen up the shocks and put a lighter oil, or vice versa...it's all about learning as you go.