Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Vertex vs. Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:29 AM
nantucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertex vs. Infinity

Hello everybody, I am new to this sport and this site and I was just wondering what is the difference between the Vertex .18 in the Volcano STX and SV and the Infinity .18 in the SV Pro. Is it worth the price difference to buy the Infinity rather than the Vertex as a replacement engine??
Old 08-16-2006, 01:38 AM
bluecaka69

Default RE: Vertex vs. Infinity

yes in my opinion infinity is way better than vertex
im not sure of price diff cause infinity isnt listed as far as i can see
Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 AM
nantucket

Yeah, I cant remember where I found both of them, but the Infinity was about $20 more than the Vertex. Probably worth it it it is easier to tune, I cant seem to dial in the my SV.[>:]
Old 08-16-2006, 10:06 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: bluecaka69

As far as i know one is made in tiawan and the other in japan. There must be a reason as to why you would think the infinity is a better motor. does it have better porting? Cause if so i would agree. Otherwise im under the impression that they are about the same thing. Please let me know if the infinity has better porting its not the expensive of a motor. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:21 AM
bluecaka69

just google it and you will see team infinty engines everywhere
then try and find vertex engines Good Luck on that
also iv heard of infinty alot and the only time you really hear of vertex is redcat and himoto

http://www.team-infinityrc.com/produ...N&startup_id=1
Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 AM
{GBI}Harryball

just google it and you will see team infinty engines everywhere
then try and find vertex engines Good Luck on that
also iv heard of infinty alot and the only time you really hear of vertex is redcat and himoto

http://www.team-infinityrc.com/produ...N&startup_id=1
In other threads here people talk about the infininity the same way you talk about the vertex. However you still have given no valid reason as to why the infinity is better. Just because you can google something doesnt make it better. I am really interested in finding out if there are truly any difference between the two motors.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
TopSpeedToys

Just an FYI.... we have both

Also have an SH .18 not listed on our site.

Been trying to find specifications on all 3 motors to see why one is better than the other.

I've been told the same from people that actually used the engines. Infinity better than Vertex and SH more reliable.

If someone has a link to a spec sheet, please post.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:36 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Hey Mark, Nice job on the parts BTW. Do you know if there are any differences between the two motors other than japan and tiawan. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:41 AM
TopSpeedToys

I've not torn them appart to compare.
Should be a reason why Infinity is on the pro models though ????

Visible difference is no low side needle on infinity. Taiwan VX does.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
jguitarsandcars

The pull starts are different, the Carbs are completely different and mount differently...Other than that I've never even looked at a vertech engine...I really like the Infiniti for strength and reliability, but wish it came with a 2 needle carb that was pinched with an O-Ring seal rather than threaded thru
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: jguitarsandcars

The pull starts are different, the Carbs are completely different and mount differently...Other than that I've never even looked at a vertech engine...I really like the Infiniti for strength and reliability, but wish it came with a 2 needle carb that was pinched with an O-Ring seal rather than threaded thru

Yes true on the backplate, Japan small, Taiwan bigger.

I'll try to get a closer look at the SH engine.... maybe best of both worlds. Reliable, strong and 2 needle carb.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM
{GBI}Harryball

No issues with the vertex, and it has been put thru the ringer. Seems wierd tho that the better motor would have only two needles.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
jguitarsandcars

I don't know the performance or tunability differences, but I know my Inifiti is better and easier than the damned Traxxas 2.5
Old 08-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Team Knowitall

the Infinity .18 definitely makes more all-out power, but the lack of a low speed needle makes part-throttle operation a pain. the advantage is, that's one less thing to screw up.

the VX18 seems (to me) to have a little more compression, and the general "feel" of the engine (powerband wise) just feels better-again, probably because of the low speed needle. It might last longer, it might not.

TST is dead-on about the SH motor though.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
jguitarsandcars

Or do what I did Eric, and just put the VX 2 needle carb on the Infiniti engine...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:09 PM
bluecaka69

ther you go best of both worlds
Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Kemo

vertex... ugg, economy taiwan engine. Infinity... made by Toki of japan... one of the worst engine manufacturers out there. Its why you saw fantom die out and peak, and Orion.

Infinity would be the better route to go.
As far as SH's .18 goes, its probably stronger than infinity and vertex, but its weaker than the rest of the .18's on the market.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: Kemo

vertex... ugg, economy taiwan engine. Infinity... made by Toki of japan... one of the worst engine manufacturers out there. Its why you saw fantom die out and peak, and Orion.

As far as SH's .18 goes, its probably stronger than infinity and vertex, but its weaker than the rest of the .18's on the market.
Hey kemo, just wondering which motor out there would fit a redcat then. One of the nicer ones you are talking about. thanks.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
jguitarsandcars

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

Hey kemo, just wondering which motor out there would fit a redcat then. One of the nicer ones you are talking about. thanks.
Harry...I think it's in the 1/10 buggy compatible parts, or the official 1/10 buggy thread, they discuss this...There's one of the OS .18's that a few people have used...I've looked into it. It's like $115-$130, and I've heard nothing but good things about OS as far as tunability and reliability...The Orions, and the Novarossi's make more power, but are more tempermental and a lot more $$$....
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Kemo

For 1/10th scale, OS is noob proof. the .18 cv-rx would drop in it. I'm not sure what your carb configuration is, whether its slide or rotary.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: jguitarsandcars

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

Harry...I think it's in the 1/10 buggy compatible parts, or the official 1/10 buggy thread, they discuss this...There's one of the OS .18's that a few people have used...I've looked into it. It's like $115-$130, and I've heard nothing but good things about OS as far as tunability and reliability...The Orions, and the Novarossi's make more power, but are more tempermental and a lot more $$$....
Thanks JQUitars i was in that thread, i figured because we were talking motors it was a logical progression, i appreciate the info on the OS engine me a a buddy were looking at those. Maybe time for an upgrade.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:47 AM
jguitarsandcars

Maybe...LOL...always time for an upgrade...just not always financially feezable...