Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

hey i have a used gt4 and im planning maybe selling the car to buy the himoto rapida pro car.. what should i do.. which is faster. thanks for replying if you did..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

the yoke is of better quality
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.
    AMA: 722748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello

In response to your question both vehicles are excellent when they are properly broken-in and well adjusted.

A few notes on the Himoto Rapida Pro.

Factory setting for the 2 speed transmission (is locked in first gear) EA The vehicle will need to have the engine break-in completed before you start adjusting the second gear setting (ccw to have it shift faster).

And from experience i would adjust the tranny to shift early at first and then adjust it to your style of driving.

If the transmission shifts at very high RPM it can and will break a tooth on the gear. ( i know from experience)

If you are not using a starter box ... cover the opening under the chassis to prevent the car from sucking up dirt and foreign objects in the transmission gears from the holes under the chassis.

Once your engine is going fine and the transmission shifts properly, you will have a fine vehicle.

NOTE: The stock wheels have a small hole machined in them, do not ride the vehicle in water. The water will unbalance your tires and can even un-glue them in 2nd gear ( believe me it is scary to see)

Service/Parts and technical support provided for Himoto Racing .Qualified technical support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but which one is a better car and faster..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cool, someone who seems to have some answers. You should talk to redcat about a job!!!! I like the set from factory in first gear answer.

125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in the end, yokomo is better, and always has been. Yokomo is a purebred racing company.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehoof
    cool, someone who seems to have some answers. You should talk to redcat about a job!!!! I like the set from factory in first gear answer.
    I would call that a conflict of interest.

I am the distributor for Himoto Racing in Canada
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ur52292.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	511048  
    Service/Parts and technical support provided for Himoto Racing .Qualified technical support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would you know any reason the spur gears rip out, especially in the 2 speeds? i have other brand 2 speeds and they are fine, no problems. these redcats rip the gears out without a problem. i make sure the engine is straight and tight, good mesh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Wow, the guy whips out some blatantly obvious suggestions and all of a sudden he's a demi-God. "don't drive your car through water." Gee, ya think?

No offense, Himoto Racing Canada, you shouldn't be one talking about conflict of interests. you're posting in a competitor's forum. Go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you buy from RCR.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Himoto Racing Canada-I have 2 Himoto touring cars and love them both ---One electric and one nitro. Maybe you can answer a question ---If I want to replace the electric motor what would be a good replacement for more top end speed without having to change the stock electronics. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

but which one is faster

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whats it matter if its faster? The yokomo will smoke it on the track, even if they share same engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Wow, the guy whips out some blatantly obvious suggestions and all of a sudden he's a demi-God. "don't drive your car through water." Gee, ya think?

No offense, Himoto Racing Canada, you shouldn't be one talking about conflict of interests. you're posting in a competitor's forum. Go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you buy from RCR.
    Its not the driving thru water, any fool would know that, i like the other one, and i quote

"Factory setting for the 2 speed transmission (is locked in first gear) EA The vehicle will need to have the engine break-in completed before you start adjusting the second gear setting (ccw to have it shift faster).

And from experience i would adjust the tranny to shift early at first and then adjust it to your style of driving.

If the transmission shifts at very high RPM it can and will break a tooth on the gear. ( i know from experience) "

Much better than redcats (big news on page 5) on the why do the gears strip thread

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ehroof...the "big news" is that the problem was brought to the manufacturer's attention, and to TRY to get an accurate count as to how many would have to be replaced.
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey bro, fix the problem,make a suggestion or keep your trap shut, the big news was months ago and havent heard of a fix since.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey bro, fix the problem,make a suggestion or keep your trap shut, the big news was months ago and havent heard of a fix since.
    it's still being worked out, nothing like this gets solved overnight. HPI is still fighting their issues iwth the Savage X, and it's been longer that the manufacturer has been contacted about it than it has with the spur gears.

I don't see Himoto doing anything about it, they've known about it for four years, and it took RCR ONE email to get them doing R&D on it.

I'm done with responding to your comments to get me into a flame war...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't see Himoto doing anything about it, they've known about it for four years, and it took RCR ONE email to get them doing R&D on it.
    NOW they decide to fix it? wow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ThunderbirdJunkie

Have a look at thread header it says Himoto , i represent Himoto Racing and being a representive of the brand i will answer any question i can answer to satisfy a fellow hobbyist.

If you dont like my answer then just dont take the time and effort to read what i post.

and yes their are some people that still go through water .... i fix them , i see them.

*** Most issues of stripped gears have been traced down to 3 problems ***

1.) Missalligned gear mesh (both backlash and perpendicularity of the teeth alignment)
    2.) Improper adjustment of second gear speed activation
    3.) Foreign debris in gears (rocks and sand)

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Himoto Racing Canada

ThunderbirdJunkie

Have a look at thread header it says Himoto , i represent Himoto Racing and being a representive of the brand i will answer any question i can answer to satisfy a fellow hobbyist.

If you dont like my answer then just dont take the time and effort to read what i post.

and yes their are some people that still go through water .... i fix them , i see them.

*** Most issues of stripped gears have been traced down to 3 problems ***

1.) Missalligned gear mesh (both backlash and perpendicularity of the teeth alignment)
    2.) Improper adjustment of second gear speed activation
    3.) Foreign debris in gears (rocks and sand)

Regards
    Agreed, not sure what the confusion on this issue is. OMG. Make sure that your allignment is right, and that your vehicle is cleaned after each run. A little maintenence goes along way.
    Sponsered by: ALL ABOUT FUN HOBBIES /ALL ABOUT FUN HOBBIES PRODUCT REVIEWER

+DD+

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes it does...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thunderbird, what are you like 15 or 16 yrs old?? at least this guy came up with an answer for the gears no one else has yet to say. The part about the 2 speed shifting to late stripping gears. Why are you in such a huff?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

all of it is common sense!

But if those were the obvious problems, the company wouldn't have such a HUGE failure of those!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe I was a little rough on the Himoto guy. Sorry about that, I know you were only tryin to help.

ehroof...you're one to talk about lack of maturity. Anybody that's ever worked in any industry knows that things are not solved overnight...or even in the course of months, or even YEARS (for example, my 2002 Jeep JUST got recalled for a problem that's been known by every enthusiast owner since the FIRST time there was a recall on it over 3 years ago), ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with an outside manufacturer. This is why I'm not making stupid posts on Superlift's website forum for them taking a long time with their new 4" lift for it, so for now I'm dealing with dragging my skidplates on stuff. Have you ever worked in any manufacturing-related industry, or do you just get your jollies from trying to stir crap up? I don't mean that as an insult, it's a legitimate question, because you obviously don't understand that R&D and testing of new parts takes time.

hey thunderbird.. will you please stop posting your opinion as fact and then criticizing others for their's. IT'S GETTING REALLY OLD! oh yea..i thought you where a forum moderator? whats up with your behavior?
    1/10 himoto syclone .18 infinity 2 speed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

opinion? its not opinion, its strictly fact. Think of how many possible ways there are to correct the problem, but only ONE is obviously the right way. Its going to take a LOT of testing to find out if they (manufacturer) found that one way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast