Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:10 PM
mannyfresh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

hey i have a used gt4 and im planning maybe selling the car to buy the himoto rapida pro car.. what should i do.. which is faster. thanks for replying if you did..
Old 08-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Kemo

Default RE: question about himoto rapida pro or yoko gt4 car

the yoke is of better quality
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Himoto Racing Canada

Hello

In response to your question both vehicles are excellent when they are properly broken-in and well adjusted.

A few notes on the Himoto Rapida Pro.

Factory setting for the 2 speed transmission (is locked in first gear) EA The vehicle will need to have the engine break-in completed before you start adjusting the second gear setting (ccw to have it shift faster).

And from experience i would adjust the tranny to shift early at first and then adjust it to your style of driving.

If the transmission shifts at very high RPM it can and will break a tooth on the gear. ( i know from experience)

If you are not using a starter box ... cover the opening under the chassis to prevent the car from sucking up dirt and foreign objects in the transmission gears from the holes under the chassis.

Once your engine is going fine and the transmission shifts properly, you will have a fine vehicle.

NOTE: The stock wheels have a small hole machined in them, do not ride the vehicle in water. The water will unbalance your tires and can even un-glue them in 2nd gear ( believe me it is scary to see)

Old 08-21-2006, 10:27 AM
mannyfresh

but which one is a better car and faster..
Old 08-21-2006, 06:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, someone who seems to have some answers. You should talk to redcat about a job!!!! I like the set from factory in first gear answer.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Kemo

in the end, yokomo is better, and always has been. Yokomo is a purebred racing company.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Himoto Racing Canada

ORIGINAL: ehoof
cool, someone who seems to have some answers. You should talk to redcat about a job!!!! I like the set from factory in first gear answer.
I would call that a conflict of interest.

I am the distributor for Himoto Racing in Canada
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52292.gif
Views:	20
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	511048  
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
ehroof

would you know any reason the spur gears rip out, especially in the 2 speeds? i have other brand 2 speeds and they are fine, no problems. these redcats rip the gears out without a problem. i make sure the engine is straight and tight, good mesh.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Wow, the guy whips out some blatantly obvious suggestions and all of a sudden he's a demi-God. "don't drive your car through water." Gee, ya think?

No offense, Himoto Racing Canada, you shouldn't be one talking about conflict of interests. you're posting in a competitor's forum. Go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you buy from RCR.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
phoenex1

Hello Himoto Racing Canada-I have 2 Himoto touring cars and love them both ---One electric and one nitro. Maybe you can answer a question ---If I want to replace the electric motor what would be a good replacement for more top end speed without having to change the stock electronics. Thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 09:12 PM
mannyfresh

but which one is faster
Old 08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Kemo

whats it matter if its faster? The yokomo will smoke it on the track, even if they share same engines.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Wow, the guy whips out some blatantly obvious suggestions and all of a sudden he's a demi-God. "don't drive your car through water." Gee, ya think?

No offense, Himoto Racing Canada, you shouldn't be one talking about conflict of interests. you're posting in a competitor's forum. Go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you buy from RCR.
Its not the driving thru water, any fool would know that, i like the other one, and i quote

"Factory setting for the 2 speed transmission (is locked in first gear) EA The vehicle will need to have the engine break-in completed before you start adjusting the second gear setting (ccw to have it shift faster).

And from experience i would adjust the tranny to shift early at first and then adjust it to your style of driving.

If the transmission shifts at very high RPM it can and will break a tooth on the gear. ( i know from experience) "

Much better than redcats (big news on page 5) on the why do the gears strip thread

Old 08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ehroof...the "big news" is that the problem was brought to the manufacturer's attention, and to TRY to get an accurate count as to how many would have to be replaced.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
ehroof

hey bro, fix the problem,make a suggestion or keep your trap shut, the big news was months ago and havent heard of a fix since.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

hey bro, fix the problem,make a suggestion or keep your trap shut, the big news was months ago and havent heard of a fix since.
it's still being worked out, nothing like this gets solved overnight. HPI is still fighting their issues iwth the Savage X, and it's been longer that the manufacturer has been contacted about it than it has with the spur gears.

I don't see Himoto doing anything about it, they've known about it for four years, and it took RCR ONE email to get them doing R&D on it.

I'm done with responding to your comments to get me into a flame war...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Kemo

I don't see Himoto doing anything about it, they've known about it for four years, and it took RCR ONE email to get them doing R&D on it.
NOW they decide to fix it? wow.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Himoto Racing Canada

ThunderbirdJunkie

Have a look at thread header it says Himoto , i represent Himoto Racing and being a representive of the brand i will answer any question i can answer to satisfy a fellow hobbyist.

If you dont like my answer then just dont take the time and effort to read what i post.

and yes their are some people that still go through water .... i fix them , i see them.

*** Most issues of stripped gears have been traced down to 3 problems ***

1.) Missalligned gear mesh (both backlash and perpendicularity of the teeth alignment)
2.) Improper adjustment of second gear speed activation
3.) Foreign debris in gears (rocks and sand)

Regards
Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: Himoto Racing Canada

ThunderbirdJunkie

Have a look at thread header it says Himoto , i represent Himoto Racing and being a representive of the brand i will answer any question i can answer to satisfy a fellow hobbyist.

If you dont like my answer then just dont take the time and effort to read what i post.

and yes their are some people that still go through water .... i fix them , i see them.

*** Most issues of stripped gears have been traced down to 3 problems ***

1.) Missalligned gear mesh (both backlash and perpendicularity of the teeth alignment)
2.) Improper adjustment of second gear speed activation
3.) Foreign debris in gears (rocks and sand)

Regards
Agreed, not sure what the confusion on this issue is. OMG. Make sure that your allignment is right, and that your vehicle is cleaned after each run. A little maintenence goes along way.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:10 PM
jguitarsandcars

Yes it does...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:20 PM
ehroof

thunderbird, what are you like 15 or 16 yrs old?? at least this guy came up with an answer for the gears no one else has yet to say. The part about the 2 speed shifting to late stripping gears. Why are you in such a huff?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Kemo

all of it is common sense!

But if those were the obvious problems, the company wouldn't have such a HUGE failure of those!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Maybe I was a little rough on the Himoto guy. Sorry about that, I know you were only tryin to help.

ehroof...you're one to talk about lack of maturity. Anybody that's ever worked in any industry knows that things are not solved overnight...or even in the course of months, or even YEARS (for example, my 2002 Jeep JUST got recalled for a problem that's been known by every enthusiast owner since the FIRST time there was a recall on it over 3 years ago), ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with an outside manufacturer. This is why I'm not making stupid posts on Superlift's website forum for them taking a long time with their new 4" lift for it, so for now I'm dealing with dragging my skidplates on stuff. Have you ever worked in any manufacturing-related industry, or do you just get your jollies from trying to stir crap up? I don't mean that as an insult, it's a legitimate question, because you obviously don't understand that R&D and testing of new parts takes time.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
nbluehell

hey thunderbird.. will you please stop posting your opinion as fact and then criticizing others for their's. IT'S GETTING REALLY OLD! oh yea..i thought you where a forum moderator? whats up with your behavior?
Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Kemo

opinion? its not opinion, its strictly fact. Think of how many possible ways there are to correct the problem, but only ONE is obviously the right way. Its going to take a LOT of testing to find out if they (manufacturer) found that one way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.