Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Gearing!! extra gears came with my Elderada!!! Why?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Gearing!! extra gears came with my Elderada!!! Why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 PM
chuckstang94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing!! extra gears came with my Elderada!!! Why?

Gearing? My Himoto Elderada came with 2 extra gears? Why? I don't have them in front of me but I think the larger of the two is the same and the smaller one is 2 teeth less than the one on the truck? What will that do if I swap them? I read in the one post smaller Equals more top speed , is this true? Thanks for your time!!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:04 PM
BJBaxter22

Default RE: Gearing!! extra gears came with my Elderada!!! Why?

These are gear box gears. If you swap them, then you will jump off the line quicker, but your top speed will be reduced. I Believe you have to use both gears for the swap. (take out the 2 in the gear box, put in the others) Im a newby as well, and hope this helps.
-Brian
Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 AM
futabaed

Yes they are for a lower gear ratio.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 PM
chuckstang94

Thanks for the info!!! Has anyone put these in? If so how much of a difference is there? Is it worth it? Thanks!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:53 PM
chubbysuncle

I put them in when I was swapping out the 2nd spur gear. I replaced all the gears in the trans at once. The truck will be very quick but top speed is slower. It works great for bashing around in a small backyard where you don't have room for high top speed. If you run in a small area swap them out. If you like the top speed leave it alone. Also I've got a list of the HPI clutchbells that fit. Those optional gears and a 15t clutchbell is what my son is running now. The truck will hit top speed in about 25'. If you wanna go faster put an 18t clutchbell on with the stock gearing.