Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado XP on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:28 PM
yj4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado XP on eBay

MODS, I know there's a classified section but this does not really fit there.
If you delete this message I'll understand.

Selling my Tornado XP on eBay
$50.00 opening bid, no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
MrCheezeWhizz

Default RE: Tornado XP on eBay

lol, your method of persuasion is horrible, no one wants to buy something if you tell them it breaks a lot
Old 09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least he is honest, i'm gonna put mine on to i think, mine strip gears after a couple of tanks or make the clutch bell out of round.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:09 PM
MrCheezeWhizz

True, its always good to be honest... and to be honest, ive been looking at a savage (the kawasaki ATV version), is $340 a good deal for a brand new one?
Its just that i feel like i have to baby my truck now, and i dont want to, i want to bash its skull in (metophorically speaking)
Old 09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
ehroof

$340 is an excellent deal for a new one. Be fore warned that if you bash any rc's skull in "lol" you are sure to break something, just not nearly as fast as with the redcats. i dont use my readcats since my rc collection is pretty large so i dont encounter the broken suspension parts but i have a hard time with the gears, especially the 2 speed tornado's. The single speed truck is better (volcano stx) Get the savage, the name is perfect for the truck, is a savage, ask chubbysuncle!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:36 PM
glk420247

I have run my XP pretty hard I have not had any gears strip yet neither my dads. Just problems with things not being tight.(grup screws not being tight and such oh yeah and the spring breaking in the clutch thats about it. I replaced thing spring with the traxxas 4146x and it is working great. I have went through about 2 gallons know. I now have it shifting every time and this things screams when it hits second gear. I like mine. I have just been buying parts to mostly stock up on things because I know my time is coming.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:37 PM
ehroof

good for you bro, its nice to hear someone is not having this problem.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
yj4x4

Well, I'm not going to lie about why I'm selling it. Let me see if I can remember, in order the problems I've had.

1. Had a set screw come loose, so the drive shaft that goes from the center to the rear diff fell out, along with the "cv joint". Could not find them so I had to buy new ones. NOTE: It DOES run pretty good in front wheel drive only.

2. Pull starter broke. And not from me yanking on it to hard or pulling it to far out. Replaced THAT with the Roto-Start.

3. Was running it in my front yard. Came across the grass, over the sidewalk, back into the grass. When it went back into the grass in jumped maybe 3-4" high and 15-16" long. Broke the bottom A arm on the right side, bent the shock tower, and lost another drive shaft.

4. BOTH bolts holding the exhaust header fell out. Was lucky here and got replacements at a local hobby shop.

5. Lost 3 of the 4 bolts that go through the bottom and hold the engine mount in place.

6. Replaced the whole clutch when the spring broke.

7. Was running it in a dirt lot next to my house. NO jumps, just straight flat running and a few donuts. Broke the front steering. The part the axle goes through, and lost, you guessed it, another axle.

So far the time it's been broken and waiting for parts has FAR exceeded the time it's actually run. So I'm going to unload it cheap enough that's it worth it for someone else to buy the upgrade parts, and get a Traxxas Revo 3.3

Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 AM
nbluehell

yea i bragged about the same thing.."my gears still look great". i had to open my big mouth. right after that i stripped the clutch bell and both throttle gears. i think it was the sandy dirts fault![:@] POS! i ran my dads traxxas at the beach for 3 days...in nothing but sand for christs sakes and no problems, just a little rust! i think i need a new toy..can you say revo?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
glk420247

I took a thin piece of plastic and screwed it to the bottom over the gears and put a piece of duct tape over the flywheel to help keep out stones and such. Like I said i also have had problems with things coming lose. When you get everything tight, its not to bad. Also i have never had anything diff so I don't know how tough these things should be. I just started this hobby and I just went in knowing that I am going to have to fix alot of things. I personally I like taking things a part and putting it back to together so I don't mind.

I hope others like their car.

Greg Tornado XP
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Connormon

well sometimes those holes actually help keep the dirt and rocks and pebbles out, because its a space for it to leave the chassis. You may find that you have more dirt build up that usuall.