Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

HOW TO TAKE TRANNY APART.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:57 AM
leesmack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO TAKE TRANNY APART.

I TOOK THE SCREW ALL THE out and the spring poped out. so i think i have to take the tranny apart to get the screw and spring back in. so does anyone have the steps to take it apart? i already have the engine off. thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 12:54 PM
TopSpeedToys

Default RE: HOW TO TAKE TRANNY APART.

Hey Lee,

There isn't a tutorial on taking your tranny apart. It's best to just go off the picture in your manual.

If it's just the set screw and spring on the clutch then you might not have to take everything apart.
The order they go in is.... ball, spring then set screw. If you need help with adjusting the clutch to shift, see post number 20 in
the FAQ/tune/repair thread here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/tm.htm

Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
leesmack

ok ill check the manual out. also ive tried to go by the post in FAQ/repair/tune thread and my car still wont shift. maybe something is broke in the tranny? does anyone know what else might make the car not shift if the screw you ujust doesnt make it shift?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:45 PM
leesmack

i got the sping and nut back in, but should the small gear of throttle (thats what diagram calls it ) be able to spin freely if i spin it? cause it can.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
leesmack

anyone able to feel me in the the post above this one? thanks need some help
Old 09-09-2006, 05:19 PM
cartronicshn

try putting some wd 40 or oil in the tranny it worked for me on several hard to or non shifting cars
Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 AM
chubbysuncle

ORIGINAL: leesmack

i got the sping and nut back in, but should the small gear of throttle (thats what diagram calls it ) be able to spin freely if i spin it? cause it can.
Yes, The smaller gear just freewheels on the shaft. It is only meshed with the clutchbell. The only time the smaller gear comes into play is when the little arm on the second gear clutch "pops" out and engages the little tab on the side of the gear. The larger gear (1st gear) is on a One Way Bearing. When that arm "pops" out and engages 2nd gear the shaft is able to spin faster then the 1st gear is so your buggy goes faster. You said the spring popped out? You mean the tiny spring under the grub screw on the 2nd gear clutch? Theres also a tiny ball bearing that goes on top of that spring ya know. Order a new 2nd gear clutch P/N 02045. If you remove the clutch from the trans and look at it you'll see how it operates. If you remove the grub screw ,spring and ball, the little arm should swing right out easy on its hinge pin. If it doesn't it's stuck and it'll never shift no matter you do to the screw.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:02 AM
leesmack

thanks chubbbysuncle looks like ill be ordering a new 2nd gear clutch.