Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado BB

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:02 AM
sweetbutterfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado BB

So, I will be ordering the BB within the next few weeks. Anyone already have it? If you do, wanna give me a few pointers? I am getting it cause it will be very similar to my Himoto Syclone and I love that thing. I had a Tmaxx and I could not control it very well.

The only thing is that whenever I use the Himoto, My husband does all the tuning and mechanical stuff and I want to be able to do it my self for the BB. So any info would be great!!

Jennifer
Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Cas_NitroGT

Default RE: Tornado BB

Lmao you make Andrew do the tuning for you... lol maybe I could get him to come tune my lightning and cooke some pasta... lol j.p. no I heard the BB's are very good cars... very well built... so yea you'll have fun...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 AM
bluecaka69

Oh great not you again
Old 09-10-2006, 10:22 AM
sweetbutterfly

thanks Blue!!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Cas_NitroGT

lol I know... shes come back to haunt us man... Run with your REDCATS !!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 AM
sweetbutterfly

hey now, I'm not that bad.

OR am I?

I gonna try and behave myself, not start any fights with Redcat this time

Jen
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Connormon

Why run with your redcats when you can drive em
Old 09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Cas_NitroGT

haha yea... just sit on them n go huh... lol no I'm not startin nothin Jen... I'm just the jokester around the forum... so don't worry. lol and no your not that bad... Andy is tho... hahahaha
Old 09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Popper252

lol good times.

Welcome back, how are the young ones doing? Hope all is well.

I'd honestly recommend a hurricane over a tornado. The 1/8th scale cars seem to be built a lot better. As far as I can remember the bb only has the upgraded suspension components. I've never really had too many problems with my xps suspension. The problem with the car is the drive train. We all know about the stripped gears and what not. But then again you have that loser..... uh I mean great husband of yours doing the tuning and maintenance so you'll probably be ok.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:32 PM
sweetbutterfly

Hey Popper!! The Kids are doing great!! Getting really big!! They are 4, 2 and 4 months now. Thanks for asking!!

I really wanted the Tornado XP but Andy and Bluecaka convinced me to get the BB. Tell me, What do you really like about the XP. I really just care that it will be alot like my himoto and as long as it is green and purple.

Jen
Old 09-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Popper252

I love my car and it's a blast to drive. It handles well, is fast enough for me, and I can even jump the thing if i'm feeling lucky. Other than the few noobie problems I had at first it's held up fairly well. I had my share of stripped gears and screws that came out when they shouldn't have, but that all goes along with the hobby. The bb is probably a better choice than the xp because there are less parts when it comes to the suspension and it looks like they'd hold up better in a crash.

I'm just curious though, why do you want another 1/10 scale buggy? Isn't the cyclone the same as the tornado?
And you know they do make the hurricane in green and purple
Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 PM
sweetbutterfly

I want another buggy and since I really like my syclone, I want to try a different company. My only problem is that if something breaks I am gonna have ta order the parts. I have yet to figure out what is close to my syclone that I can buy at my LHS. So that parts are always available to me.

Jen
Old 09-11-2006, 01:49 AM
blackdogafd

hey guys so what i dont come around for a day and your all wise crakin on me what gives??[:@][X(]

come on now easy up on the punches lol!!!! nah it cool its good to know that some of the guys here still remember me and butterfly. its good to have part of the old crew back.

oh hey CAS did ya get my messege i left ya on yahoo im???? ha ha ha
Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 AM
bluecaka69

My only problem is that if something breaks I am gonna have ta order the parts.
answer dont break nothin duh
Old 09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
sweetbutterfly

well that's a helpful tip!![sm=lol.gif]
Thanks for the obvious!!

Jen
Old 09-11-2006, 11:49 PM
blackdogafd

so any idea when himotoUSA is going to be shipping out spare parts to the hobby shops yet?

they have a website its www.himotousa.com
Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 AM
jguitarsandcars

OK, I didn't know blackdog was Andrew...and I didn't know that he and Butterfly were married...come to think of it, I'm not sure if I had seen her before...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:02 AM
sweetbutterfly

I am on an off here. I have not been on for awhile, been busy with our children. They keep me pretty busy and we are moving so I have not had alot of time to be on here.

So I am still trying to decide between the XP and BB. I really need more information as to what would be better. I really want something close to my Himoto. Which has the Vertex .18, It's 1/10 scale, single speed trans and 4 wheel drive. But I really like what Redcat has as far as vehicles, colors and price range. I want to try and spend as little as possibel. I don't have tons of time to play with it so I do not want to spend a fortune on a vehicle that will spens alot of time on the shelf. []

Jen
Old 09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
bluecaka69

COME ON JEN I THOUGHT WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS
Old 09-13-2006, 11:38 AM
sweetbutterfly

we did, but now I am changing my mind. I am not so sure that I want something so close to my syclone, or maybe I do. Hey, I'm a woman. I change my mind. I am starting to think that maybe I want a hurricane.

Jen
Old 09-13-2006, 11:41 AM
bluecaka69

jato 3.3
HAVE TO BE QUITE BOUT THIS
Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM
jguitarsandcars

Even though you brought it up, I ain't saying a thing about it...LOL...I'm well trained and know better...
I hear ya about being too busy...I had gotten my my syclone so I could run around with the oldest's S-Maxx...but he's lost interest 'cause I can't keep it running, and I gave up to learn on mine since parts are cheaper...LOL...have 3 boys...I work an early 1st shift, so I get the pleasure of helping all 3 boys with their homework after school, then get dinner ready...yard work as needed, then by the time we finish dinner, it's near time to get the youngest ready for bed and all that happy BS...LOL...plus I have several other hobbies I'm more serious about, but usually I just sit at the computer at night 'cause I'm too wiped out to stand and work on the car, and have a kid trying to fall asleep so I can't play music...The last time I took my car apart to re-seal the engine, and inspect/clean all the parts, it ended up being in pieces for 3 weeks, and I ended up not taking half the stuff apart to inspect, just the engine and tranny...by the way, I thought you would know that the syclone and tornado were basically the same car...I thought the only real difference with the BB was all the aluminum upgrades, which I don't really like 'cause I like my cars light...LOL...
Old 09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
sweetbutterfly

Yeah, between the 5 month old's needs, and the 2 and 4 year olds needs, andy in class, moving, cleaning. I just do not have the time for an outrageously expensive toy. But they are fun. My syclone has not been run since june because I broke what seems like everything but is really only like $30.00 dollars in parts.

Ok, what is the difference between the plastic body oil filled shocks and the aluminum body oil filled shocks on the BB and BB Pro?

What is the difference between the VX 18 and the Infinity 18?

Also what is the 2 bevel gear differential? And what does the Xp have for that part?

Jen?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:58 PM
jguitarsandcars

well, I only have the Syclone Pro with the Infinity, and I can say I'm not impressed...I spent the whatever I did (#28, or $38) for the vortex 2 needle carb, I bougth the single speed transmission from the XP...about the only upgrade I really like is the on piece aluminum upper brace, and the aluminum shocks...Although I think the plastic would be alright if we could make them a little more adjustable...so basically, I've turned my Pro into an XP....go figure...LOL...
Old 09-13-2006, 02:11 PM
bluecaka69

keep in mind the pro has all alloy arms and upper plate tuned pipe but aluminum has it disadvantages also like it bends and if you bend it you pay 25 a set for arms now plastic one you break are 4 bucks a set so you could have 5 sets of replacment for the price of one set alloy just get what you want but you need to weight out all of good and bad of each

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.