Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane to Earthquake FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane to Earthquake FAQ

For those of us who want more ground clearance, and want to get thru the bigger stuff in the yard, converting the hurricane to a truggy might be right up your alley. The redcat parts you are going to need are as follows...

This is entirely optional, but you'd need the truck mounts too for a monster truck body.

After those, you'd need 4 tires to go with it. You can either opt for 83005 and forget about 83006... OR, pick a set of regular tmaxx sized tires to glue on 83006.

If you want more braking power, opt for 81208, you'd end up having 4 disc brakes. I'm not 100% sure on if you can just throw on another pair and expect them to work. The earthquake manual is very... blah!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Popper252

Default RE: Hurricane to Earthquake FAQ

Awesome man, I don't know if this is much of an issue with the hurricane, but would the bigger tires add a lot of strain on the drive train or the engine itself?

just curious.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Hurricane to Earthquake FAQ

no, simply because its a 3 diff vehicle.

I've found a method that allows you to KEEP the center diff That would be a good money saver. Instead of running with a 14t cb, you run ofna's 12t cb. For those who don't know, CB = Clutch Bell.

If you have a strong 21, D21T for example, or anything bigger than a .21, there wont be much strain at all. Last year at the maxx challenge, Duratrax was running .21's in their warheads and made 2 a-main appearances. I'm confident that my D21T should move this with out a struggle.