Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

slipper clutch

Old 10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slipper clutch

Hey what's up just put slippper clutch in my two speed on road car and it came from the readcat guys almoet all the way out that's the screw for the shifting. Does anybody know what the setting for the two speed is? I know if you turn the screw out it shifts faster. But I don.t know where to start from?? Do you turn it all the way in and then start from there or what?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:15 PM
glk420247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slipper clutch

I turned mine all the way in and turned it 2 1/2 turns out. What you can do is and this is what I did is, I started with 1/2 turns form all the way in. After each turn I would just pick the car up and see if it would shift. I just kept do this until I got it to shift. My dads is 3 full turns I think they all are different. I don't know if I did this correctly but I got it to work and it shifts every time I use my car. Good luck I hope you get it to work because it is pretty cool when it shifts.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not all here tonight so turn the adj screw all the way down and then back it out 2 1/2 turns. And when you turn the screww all the way down do you just to snug or all the way down all the way tell it the bottom's out? then back out two and A half turns? I went threw all this with the other one tell the screw fell out and the spring and all[>:]
Old 10-14-2006, 01:06 PM
glk420247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I didn't turn until it was snug just until it stoped turning in. I right know just switched trans unit and I am having the same problem. My old trans worked awsome. For some reson having abit of trouble getting this one to shift. I am starting from sratch just like you and I will let you know how it worked out for me. I will also try spraying alittle wd40 in the gears or the shifter. Good luck man hope you get it.