Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

pullstart upgrade for volcano stx

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 PM
zack221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullstart upgrade for volcano stx

can someone tell me a better pullstart than the factory one from redcat.i am going to have to get a new pullstart here soon so i am looking for a better one so i wont have to keep replacing it
Old 11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pullstart upgrade for volcano stx

i replaced my broken pullstarts with the hpi rotostart backplate, since its a direct bolt on and the one was bearing that comes with the redcats fits on the hpi backplate i would think that the pullstart for the .12-.15 would work on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Popper252

If you still wanna go the pullstart route hpi makes a pullstart that is a direct swap with the stock one.

Check out this thread for the part number and stuff

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4068240/tm.htm
Old 11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
zack221

thanks popper but i saw where u got the different colored gears and threaded cb for your xp did that solve your gear stripping problem b/c i am getting a buggy for my b-day in december and i had turned to the xl but if that worked then i might go with the xp
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Popper252

So far so good on the HPI gears. The teeth just keep thier shape a lot better than the stock bell so there's less chance of them shaving down the plastic gears.
And if you end up not liking the two speed you could always just purchase a one speed transmission later on and install that. That way you get the bigger engine in the xp.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
zack221

yea thats what i was thinking but im probably going to get the os .18 motor for christmas so i guess i will just go with one speed and stay away from 2 speed b/c i dont want to be replacing gears all the time
Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
zack221

but if they get that clutch bell problem fixed here in the next month which i doubt it but if they do i will get the xp instead

also i got a volcano stx so if i go with the xl and i like it better then i will put the .18 motor out of my stx into the tornado xl
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
fugadude

I have an HPI rotostart installed on my Rapida (Himoto) Team Infinity .18 engine. You need a different one way bearing for it. It works like a charm. Starts up fast. I also put a tube on the muffler heh to port all the oil out the backside of the car. A little loss in power, but at least my rear wheel doesn't get covered with oil and I spend all my time cleaning oil dirt goop out of the car. RO tubing works perfectly