Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Wide Open!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Andyde4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Open!!!

OK Im sure most of you have seen my handy work I have put pics of my crashed Xp on here before.I have got it all fixed and I went to run it today for the first time since my last crash.Now I have put new servos in it.When I started it up today it just wanted to take off.It was running wide open,I hit the brakes and nothing happend it just kept running wide open and then I couldnt get it to turn off.Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Connormon

Default RE: Wide Open!!!

Clutch Spring maybe? Dont know why the brakese wouldnt work, might want to check your disk.

You may not have connected that little T looking connection on the servo at the proper distance to engage the breaks.

Also for it taking off, make sure you had it tuned on the remote control, so it was in the middle or however you have it set when it idles.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:22 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be you did not have the receiver on I did that one time and it did the same thing. It was A mess I hit A wall at full speed. and one more time the battery for the receiver was low on juice and that time I just held the wheel so the car would go around and around tell I could get there. Try these things and see if any work. Eric
Old 11-17-2006, 03:08 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hi,
yeah I'm guessing that when you bought the throttle/brake linkages on, you perhaps didn;t set them correctly and they are not engaging. Without the engine on, is the throttle & brakes working? You will know just by holding the brake & seeing if you can push the car. If the car moves freely without the brakes bighting, I'd say the linkage or even the brake pad distance is not set correctly.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 PM
giddyuperic

Hey whats up mate? haha!!!!! No really what's up mozzy how it going down under? what is the time where you are at right now? So what's up in the rc world in your country? I have been really looking at the losi muggy man!! that thing is sweet the shocks are big enough to put on your car. Have you seen it?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM
giddyuperic

sorry for saying mate I know that it gets old[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 11-18-2006, 05:53 AM
mozzzy_2000

hey Eric are you kidding? "mate" is possibly the most used word down here!! no seriously mate, it is! haha. Pretty much all the language you heard poor 'ol steve irwin speak, is pretty much what its like here hey. He was what we call very "ocker" or very very Australian, with a very heavy accent. we all don;t sound like him but words like "crikey" and "mate" are everyday words for most Aussies.

Not much happening. trying to get to another nitrobasher's bash tomorrow but I have got sailing on so I might not get there. Yeah i was looking at the losi 8ight yesterday would you believe? Only just saw on the net that there's a losi muggy! now thats something I may be interested in hey. I did read though on the 8ight that you need to file down your starter box wheel to fit the narrower flywheel hole. thats a bit of pain I reckon and it may decide whether people get one or not, especially if you have other cars that use a box. You don;t want to end up with the box only good for one car! that would be crap. I wonder if the muggy has the same issue? I really hope it doesn;t. The other new buggy that looks really nice, is the team magic M1. Now that looks like one serious competition buggy! great layout. looks pretty unique in design.

Hey I see you are sponsered by team-cobra/himoto? So are you racing now are you? Man I gotta get into some racing. I'm itching for it!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 AM
abjones413

andy -
Take the servo horn off the throttle servo. Turn the transmitter on, then the receiver (make sure batts are good). Next, adjust your throttle trim so when you turn it all the way both ways, you can decipher a true center by eye. Don't go by the centering line on the tx, as it is not true. Once you have the trim set, push the carb arm all the way back to the closed position and re-install the horn. You should be golden now.
Hopefully this solves the problem. Just a quick note on the clutch spring suggestion - first of all, you wouldn't know if the spring was broken in a situation like this unless you took the CB off, but that's besides the point. The engine is wide open, so it's an adjustment somewhere else. Even if the spring was broken causing the clutch to engage, it wouldn't go WOT for that reason alone...