Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Has redcat upgraded Their bad parts yet?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Has redcat upgraded Their bad parts yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
hambone1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has redcat upgraded Their bad parts yet?

I bought 2 SV's. I had read a bit before I got them.Thanks to everybody here , I had a little advance notice of the problematic parts.I wanted to break in the engines on them before Xmas day. I dont think the kids could handle staring at them. I removed both engines and put them on a stand. No load .....
Just like clockwork the clutch spring broke on 1 engine before the 1st tank of fuel was used up.

I have already made provisions with other savage parts to repair the weak parts on the Redcat. I have a question though:

Is redcat planning on making some replacement parts of a higher quality ? Would buying replacement parts from them be getting the EXACT same weak part? For example, I bought some clutch bells when I bought the trucks(from Redcat) are those going to have excessive runout? Has redcat already fixed this problem? I dont want to replace bad parts with bad parts.

Dont misunderstand, I give everything the benefit of doubt. I am excited for xmas day. I just dont want this to be a bad experience for the kids because, of no fault of their own , their trucks wont run. I also understand that nothing is perfect right off the bat. I am just hoping that redcat will upgrade and support this stuff. Is there some kind of program already set up?

Any how, Thanks in advance fellas...
Old 11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Has redcat upgraded Their bad parts yet?

i havent gotten an answer in my "why do the gears strip out" post, only that the clutch bells are out of round. Get the savage bell, there is a link here for it, and the traxxas spring, 4146x or 4146.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:30 PM
hambone1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already picked up the bell,shoes,and spring from the savage. Thats around $40 for both machines to have new clutches.
How does the machine like the 4146X, is that a higher stall?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:49 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, higher stall, works great, i have it in all 3 of my redcats, good off the line, not too crazy.